Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 30 days today  (Read 928 times)

Nicky40

30 days today
« on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:19 am »
Hi everyone.  So today is my 30th day.  Was going to post in remainder of month one but would be in here tomorrow I think anyway.

The weekend was a little difficult with all the smokers though my aunt bought a vape and is going to try that as she has asthma which smoking makes worse.

On Saturday when I was a little tipsy I had a puff on a cigarette and found it to be disgusting, which pleased me and re affirmed to me that I DO NOT want to smoke.  I will think NOPE all the time now.  I won't be drinking again for a couple of weeks until we have our Southport mini break with family/friends - only one smoker in 6, which helps loads :)  008

I will be shopping this evening with birthday vouchers and a little of my own money which I have saved over this month, around £110.00 I think as a ten a day smoker!  :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Kat73

• Administrator
Re: 30 days today
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 09:00:38 am »
You menace!  You had me paranoid that you'd caved!

Soooooo pleased you didn't succumb and smoke yourself stupid, now you know it's not the wonderful taste and sensation that your head has romanticised it into you can store that memory for the next time you have a few.

Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Max414

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 10:55:42 am »
Just stick to NOPE Nicky,even a crafty puff is enough to derail the strongest looking quit. It really is the only road to take and belated Happy Birthday by the way  008
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Titch

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 11:09:19 am »
If you ever get tempted again then just remember how disgusting that puff was.   NOPE

Enjoy your retail therapy and happy belated birthday from me.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 01:16:57 pm »
Well done @Nicky40 - so glad you're still with us and still trucking on. As has been said, just remember NOPE- it takes so little for things to go pear-shaped and it would be such a pity to undo all that splendid work.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 01:55:23 pm »
Well done Nicky for kicking that demon up the bum and the NOPE mantra really works. I have had a couple proper craves over the last week and so I think it must be a 3-4 week thing because he is dying.
We are at a fork in the road
To the right, the unknown
To the left, Heart attack, COPD, Cancer, Stroke, Death Ect..
Fortunately the choice is ours my friend xx
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 03:57:57 pm »
@Gerti1 I does seem worse after 4 weeks for some reason, I think I vaguely remember massive improvement on craving after about 8 weeks.  I don't feel well at the moment, it's like I have a constant cold and I'm always swallowing and throat clearing - I had this last time too and it went on for months, I think it's nasal drip and it's very unpleasant so that makes me think why bother sometimes BUT I know why I'm bothering and the benefits outweigh the discomforts.  :)
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:11:37 pm »
My longest ever quit (1 year) involved a slip up of 18 fags, they did not make me feel better and that truly was a super year for me as I got so much done in my home, I also felt so free
This will all lift Nicky kk
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Sally

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 04:29:54 pm »
Glad you had a good birthday and also pleased to read that one puff was awful!  Well done for getting on with your quit.  I'm pretty sure if I had even just one puff I'd be back on 20 a day before the end of a week.  I'm with all the others here, remember NOPE.  Enjoy your shopping and look forward to hearing what you have treated yourself to.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Nick_82

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 05:44:55 pm »
Hi @Nicky40 - 30 days is a real milestone, we’ll done. Drinking is hard for me too but as you say NOPE is the way. Keep your guard up and it will be two months before you know it  006

markmcclean1980

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:38:49 pm »
Well done @Nicky40.  You are going at it with a vengeance.  Okay, so you had a puff.  Use it as you see it, it reaffirmed with you that you aren’t missing anything.  You are a star and I think that this is your quit.  Keep at it and we’ll done on getting to the first month milestone.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 08:02:03 pm »
Good for you managing to have a puff then stopping!!! And for owning up to it. I know ive said it before but secret smoking is a big no no and very slippery slope. So im glad you told us. And just learn from it and put it behind you. So whats the plan for shopping? I tend to just shop online these days i cant remember the last time i went browsing round the shops! But its better cos you can try stuff on!!
Quit Date 6/11/17

Nicky40

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 09:48:01 pm »
@Glasgowgal thats Why I admitted it as although I feel daft for it I totally agree about the secret smoking, I tried to quit the first time about 11 years ago and I was secret smoking, trouble was that time I was trying to quit for my husband and not myself.

@Sally I bought two lovely Radley bags and will pop back to shops on Saturday to look around some more.

Thank you all, love the support on here  007

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 10:57:01 pm »
Well done for telling us @Nicky40 , your conscience is clear, you could have kept it quiet. I cleared all fags out of the house and car as I knew  I didn't have enough will power. I could still fail tomorrow but that would let people down on here that have put time and effort in to keep me smoke free. I went for a meal today with my best smoking buddy, we could get through 40 a day when we were working together. He gave up 10 years ago after a triple by-pass. It was so good today with neither of us wanting  a smoke. I felt sorry for the one lone smoker outside in the freezing cold, well just a bit. I'm getting towards £2000 pounds not gone up in smoke and treated myself to a new soldering iron for £8.99, its a start.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Nicky40

Nicky40

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 07:28:02 pm »
Today is day 36, five weeks and one day so well done me. Got through this weekend safely and I have had a few drinks but not spent any time with smokers which helps in the early days for me. 

Have enjoyed a nice quiet weekend.  Cleaning and tv catch up yesterday and shopping, lunch and pub (for one on the way home from shopping) today. I have also walked the dog both days for 30 minutes so had a bit of exercise. I can do this.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :ninja: :ninja:

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal