Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 9 and all is fine!  (Read 2361 times)

Weebeastie

Day 9 and all is fine!
« on: January 31, 2018, 06:15:09 pm »
Am snowed under with work at the moment  so apologies for not being round much or reading everyone's updates.  Just a quick post to say that I'm now 8 days and 20hrs smoke free and feeling much more positive.  Had a fresh read of Allen Carr's book and it does wonders for the focus.  Also have a copy of Annie Grace's  'This naked mind' which is mainly for alcohol control but really sciency and great for changing habitual thinking and subconscious desires!

Back again soon, just wanted to trundle through on my waggon and wave a quick hello  010 010 010 010

xxx

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Day 9 and all is fine!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 06:44:55 pm »
YAAAAAY @Weebeastie , what a lovely post!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:  ;D

Sounds like your wagon is rolling nicely- no signs of wheels parting from the frame or Indians chasing your tail. Hope the remainder of Week Two passes smoothly and that you have an opportunity to have some serious 'me' time at the weekend (you definitely deserve a treat or six).  007 008
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Weebeastie

Gerti1

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:38:37 pm »
Fantastic news @Weebeastie the days just fly by when you are busy. The book by Annie sounds right up my street so I'm off to amazon, thank you and well done kk
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »
Welcome to your Week 2 suite, we hope you enjoy your brief stay and your complimentary biscuits
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

markmcclean1980

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »
Well done @Weebeastie
Going great guns.

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:22 pm »
Hi @Weebeastie , pleased to see you are still here. Well done on almost 9 days  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Enough42

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 06:44:01 am »
Brilliant work @Weebeastie and delighted to hear that you are so busy, for your mind as well as your pocket! That book also made my ears prick up @Gerti1 I definitely need to cut down on alcohol consumption.  I think my new found love of exercise is helping with that at the moment but do let me know how the read is!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Weebeastie

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:03:55 am »
@Enough42  @Gerti1

I'm about a third of the way through the book and it is amazing.  I can feel it having a profound effect on me already and shifting my thinking about a lot of things - not just alcohol and cigarettes.  I was confused because the thought of giving up smoking was one thing but the panic was more due to giving up alcohol.  I have been on my own a lot of my life so i rarely go out to pubs and if i drink (maybe a couple of times a week) it would be on my own in the house and always closely associated with smoking.  I often had a glass of wine just to 'enjoy' my cigarette more.  I didn't realise alcohol is very addictive. The book is explaining how everything we believe to be real and true is simply based on our own life lessons and perceptions and most of the time we don't even know that we're forming these truths at all, it's sub conscious.  Anyhoos, I am not a fan of fluffy self-help books but after the feedback and reviews on This Naked Mind, I had to get it.  As soon as I started reading, everything got easier!  I will never smoke again and probably never drink alcohol........and I'm absolutely delighted about both of those things! :) xx

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

Glasgowgal

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 09:30:25 am »
Thats sounds like a book i should read, i for sure drink wayyyy too much.  But i wouldnt want to quit booze altogether.  Would the book assist someone looking to reduce their alcohol @Weebeastie ?
Quit Date 6/11/17

Enough42

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 10:38:14 am »
My thoughts exactly @Glasgowgal ! Please let us know @Weebeastie !
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 11:08:14 am »
Your doing great @Weebeastie , these are the hardest days to over come and your doing it, this is our year as ive already said.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2018, 11:56:23 am »
Gosh @Weebeastie , I do admire you. I couldn't never drink alcohol again (which probably makes me alcohol dependent I suppose  :-[). I more or less gave up alcohol when I first quit because of the associations with smoking and because I was trying to lose weight (and succeeded  :)) but I was very glad to have a few drinks again when I reached the 6 month point. These days I'm pretty disciplined about having 4 dry days every week (Sunday through Wednesday in my case) but I very much look forward to the sun slipping across the yardarm on a Thursday evening I must admit.  008
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2018, 12:01:25 pm »
Your doing really well weebeastie.  Keep quitting, keep reading and keep popping by to let us know how you are doing.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Weebeastie

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 01:30:08 pm »
@Skiddaw
@Enough42
@Glasgowgal

The book is all about controlling alcohol rather than quitting it so deffo worth a read!  I'm in bed by 10pm just to get back to reading it....can't shove the words in my eyes fast enough...haha.

Back to working i go, have a great end-of-week everyone!  :nobeer: :nobeer: :nobeer:

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

Glasgowgal

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 01:52:55 pm »
If i have two dry days in a week i regard that as a good week  :-\ i would like to get up to your bench mark 4 dry days @Skiddaw

Ive ordered the book  ;)

Quit Date 6/11/17