Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 5 and sulking!  (Read 1155 times)

Weebeastie

Day 5 and sulking!
« on: January 27, 2018, 07:09:00 pm »
Day 4 turned out to be tough in the end and Day 5 has seen me sulking mostly! It feels like some sort of endurance race where i grit my teeth and fight the demons.  The thing is, I don't even want to smoke because it's disgusting but the feeling of deprivation is very confusing.  I feel a bit pathetic to be honest but am holding fast and getting through each day.
My new sewing machine arrived so I've been working like crazy and made a pile of girly Batman purses! My business keeps me busy so I'm thankful for that.
My son is at his dads house and this child free weekend has always been my time to work hard, punctuate my day with roll-ups and cups of tea and have a well-earned glass of wine to finish the day.  And my demons tell me that no-one would know if I smoked, who would care? Another early night is in order. 
My sisters have organised a bothy in the lake district for my dads 70th in April so I'm aiming for that to be my first go at drinking a glass of wine (far away from shops that sell tobacco)!  None of my family smoke and i've never smoked in front of them so it won't be a big deal (hopefully).
Anyway, I hope everyone is well.  I've never used a forum before when quitting and i can honestly say that i would have started again yesterday if it wasn't for you lot.  I just want you to know that your support is worthwhile, your words make a difference and i am very grateful to have you all by my side on this journey.  :D ;D :)

The following users thanked this post: tea, Kat73, Nicky40

Enough42

Re: Day 5 and sulking!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:58:51 pm »
Oh @Weebeastie well done with the sewing machine (one of my girls loves boy things or frankly anything that is not pink and girly!) and for making it through the day unscathed.  You’re right nobody would know.  But you would. And the reason you started on this path was because you didn’t want to be that foul smelling, lung strangling, yellow fingered smoker anymore, just like the rest of us.  Yep, early days suck, you’re completely right. But you’re doing brilliantly. Have a go at video recording yourself some messages that you can play back to yourself in times of weakness, reminding yourself why you are so passionate about quitting.  Although an odd experience, I felt that this worked well for me as opposed to just words on a piece of paper reminding myself of my quit reasons. Love it that you’ve joined us and looking forward to many more posts to come!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Weebeastie

Glasgowgal

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 08:16:46 pm »
Dito ive never used a forum before but its really made all the difference @Weebeastie we all just stick together so just stick with us! Its great to have you with us. So keep posting, we are all here for you and one another. Could we possibly see a pic of one if your creations? I did a lot of early nights in the beginning too and hey youll be fresh and well rested tomorrow, ready for one of your amazing runs. Ive got a 2.5 hour row tomorrow which im very much looking forward to even though the forecast is heavy rain ha! Oh the joys. If its been a bad day just put it behind you, tomorrow is a new day and i reckon it will be a better day for you  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 08:32:50 pm »
There's nowt wrong with a good sulk, but it sounds like you've been very productive. I do still not know what to do with myself when I am home alone. I would like to see sewing things. I was saying to my mum the other day that I had been thinking about donating my embroidery threads to one of the residential homes, but then if I did decide to pick it up again I'd be loathe to pay for them again.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Weebeastie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 09:46:36 pm »
@Enough42 the early days do suck, you're right. I do love the idea of making short videos to play back to myself because there are times when i am ferociously strong which would help when i am weak as a kitten!  Thankyou for the encouragement, it means the world.

@Glasgowgal Early nights are soooooo good and i haven't been struggling to get to sleep (thanks to my caffeine free tea after 6pm).  It feels amazing to wake up feeling refreshed!  You are a rower?  I did that at Uni in Edinburgh and it was amazing.....something very primal about pulling an oar and growling! haha.  I sell all my stuff on eBay but also have a FB page, Weebeastiecreations, if you want to have a nosey.  I used to work in aerospace as an industrial chemist but the nursery fees for my son were over £800 a month and i felt like I was never with him so I bought a sewing machine and handed in my notice.  That was 5 years ago now.  I don't have my snazzy Volvo any more or my 5 bedroom house (my car is so old and my house has no central heating) but life is so much more relaxed and being my own boss is something i wish i'd had many years ago.  I am so thankful to have strangers helping me along, how wonderful the internet can be!

@tea  I am a premium sulker, I really beat myself up sometimes!  Embroidery can be great fun.....do something with swearing in it, I always find that very satisfying!  Have you tried crochet?  It's very easy and you can make some cool stuff.

Sending you all lots of love, you are the most wonderful people xxx

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 11:16:39 am »
Well done on day five @Weebeastie I found pretty much the whole first week I was grumpy miserable and snappy. Told myself a few times that I might as well just buy cigs and be done with it as whats the point of making myself this unhappy? Trouble is I have been here before and I know damn well that I would be just as unhappy (if not more) if I gave in and smoked.

I keep thinking I wish I was creative and could sew or knit as I'm sure it would help as a distraction but I can't so I'm seriously thinking of getting my guitar back out and giving that another go.  006
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: Weebeastie, breakingfree

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 01:32:13 pm »
Have a big  :hug: :hug: :hug: from me @Weebeastie and you be as grumpy as you like. We won't mind at all and you're doing great guns.  ;D 008

Which bothy??
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »
I was wondering if you were anything to do with the wee beastie drink @Weebeastie ? It was a scottish lady that created it, they went on dragons den. And i think i actually met the woman at the Good Food Show so we might have met ha!

Dito @Nicky40  i wish i could do something creative. My pals wife makes cards, i think that would be really therapeutic!
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Weebeastie

Whippetmom

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »
Nicky40, get that guitar out now, when I get to the Penthouse (fingers crossed)I'm planning on having a beach party and will need a guitar player and singer of songs, gigs yours if you want it  :)

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Weebeastie

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 04:35:08 pm »
Yer get that guitar strumming @Nicky40 , I have two hanging round the house and cant resist picking one up every day, i'm into Beatles at moment, they played some really good chords and we used to play them when I was in a band. All the chords you ever need are online at Ultimate Guitar for free in any key. Need short nails mind.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Weebeastie

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 04:41:47 pm »

Which bothy??

Bothy is called St Johns Vale or something, a working farm I think.  Should be wonderful!

Weebeastie

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 04:43:22 pm »
I play fiddle if you need such a thing for your party!  I have a guitar too but can only play 3 chords from a Bob Marley song..haha.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:49:45 pm »
You can play any song with 3 chords @Weebeastie , that's all the 60s groups knew. Fiddle and guitar go together well.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Weebeastie

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:59:48 pm »
Bothy is called St Johns Vale or something, a working farm I think.  Should be wonderful!

St Jphns in the Vale? That's a lovely area.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »
Mrs KK plays guitar and keyboard so we've almost got a "Britain got talent" group.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it