Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Last day in this room  (Read 1399 times)

Gerti1

Last day in this room
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:20:19 pm »
Last day in this room which means we will be heading towards some easier days. The first week was emotional with tears and tantrums after starting CT and realising I couldn't do it without my safety net of a patch. The patch I chose this time is for light smokers and so this quit so far has been a lot tougher for me. I am well aware that I am moderately depressed and I work on that by walking and pushing through every negative thought (which there are many) but they are just thoughts and if they crank up in volume then I deliberately distract by changing what I am doing, this works. I do a little mindfulness/relaxation for just 10 mins most days, I plan and eat lovely meals and make sure I don't skip lunch which is what I used to do when I was addicted. In fact I have noticed I am very slowly but surely looking after myself a little better. As a smoker I hated with a capital H smoking, the stench, the addiction and the life it was robbing me of but on every previous quit I would hit an emotional hurdle and slip up and then tell myself it was pointless quitting !! I would then carry on smoking, hating myself for smoking but justifying it by saying I could not cope without it !!! WHICH IS NOT TRUE, as I have had a few lovely long quits where I have felt the elation and pride of being a non smoker so I know there is a beautiful goal waiting. Each day is till a battle where I seem to be talking myself through each hour working out what job/chore/errand needs doing next, my concentration has been affected and I suppose life seems flat but not as flat nor as hard as that first week. I know with each passing day, week I will grow in confidence and then I can plan some real treats. The 1st of the 2 cakes was made today and it tastes devine :)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: tea, KitKat

LAST CHANCE SALOON

Re: Last day in this room
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:14:14 pm »
Well done @Gerti1, your doing great and this is going to be our year , we've tried for long enough and to have @Nicky40 with you, that must help. I needed the patches but could only use them for 3 weeks so got some lozenges and a 3mg vape at night. I'm not there yet but i'm never buying those smelly fags ever again and feeling so healthy, and the money, money, money. £1600 saved in such a short time, but don't tell the wife. I see your already enjoying the cake.:)
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Gerti1, breakingfree

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:24:13 pm »
FANTASTIC our @Gerti1 and what a cake that is! I'm salivating... ;D ;D :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Gerti1

Glasgowgal

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 05:50:59 pm »
Yes the cake looks deelish, oh im dreaming of chocolate cake with pouring cream  :) you do look after yourself gerti and you seem really intune with yourself like you know what you need to do to keep yourself ok and thats good to see.

Can you make the cake for our penthouse party  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Gerti1

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
Definitely have a bash at the penthouse cake GG
You are all such a fabulous help, thank you :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 08:35:30 pm »
Ooh can you eat some for me? That looks really moist and chocolatey....
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Whippetmom

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »
Cake looks so good, instead of cigs and coffee let's all have cake and coffee  :)

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 08:24:23 am »
This will be our year, we can do this kk
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Sally

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 08:28:20 am »
I'm meant to be on a diet and now all I can think about is chocolate cake! Looks wonderful @Gerti1.

As usual I'm late, so today you must be in your new room! Let's all have some cake to celebrate!

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Enough42

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 09:55:35 am »
Looks so delicious @Gerti1. Sadly I only have a sugar free banana cake in the house which I made with one of my daughters on Friday after school.  It is quite bland on its own but tastes delicious with a nice spreading of butter on it!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Whippetmom

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 10:15:10 am »
Lurpak?

Nicky40

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 11:00:29 am »
Well done @Gerti1 you are doing amazing. 22nd day today so now over three weeks! You can do this. That cake looks delicious and I now want chocolate cake for breakfast  006
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 01:12:58 pm by Nicky40 »
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Gerti1

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 12:36:37 pm »
The choc cake has been savaged so I have a lemon one in the making as the men are not so keen ha ha

I realise that all these fattening sugar loaded lovely things will have to slow down soon so I will have to investigate how to make non fattening but still tasty cakes, can it be done?? Sugar free banana cake sounds ok @Enough42
Sorry @Sally
I actually had a small slice for elevensies @Nicky40
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

Enough42

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 01:16:22 pm »
Lurpak?

You got it girl.  There is no other in my life @Whippetmom

Enough42

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 01:21:27 pm »
The choc cake has been savaged so I have a lemon one in the making as the men are not so keen ha ha

I realise that all these fattening sugar loaded lovely things will have to slow down soon so I will have to investigate how to make non fattening but still tasty cakes, can it be done?? Sugar free banana cake sounds ok @Enough42
Sorry @Sally
I actually had a small slice for elevensies @Nicky40

Seriously @Gerti1 it took me until like day 60 or something like that to be in a position where I could even contemplate adjusting my eating habits so please don’t beat yourself up about the sugary bits and bobs! But yes there are actually loads of refined sugar free recipes out there. The sweetness is instead either provided by fruit (fresh or dried depending on recipe), syrups (like rice syrup, date syrup although I’ve never tried those) or honey. Calorie wise I have no idea how these stack up against processed sugar but it makes me feel better knowing that I am having sweetness from naturally occurring sources.