Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Hello everyone :)  (Read 1275 times)

Enough42

Re: Hello everyone :)
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 06:47:13 am »
Welcome @Weebeastie!!! Great to have a newbie join the crew and I’m secretly envying your non-wine drinking mantra to accompany your quit (well at least initially) because I seem to be drinking far too much of the stuff. If I remember correctly, on day 3 I hadn’t even spoken to my husband long enough to tell him that I was quitting.  I couldn’t stand the sight of him - it was all his fault! Day 3 was horrible, as were all of those early days. Get your nose stuck into the posts and see that we’ve all been through it and post away yourself. It feels great to post and get things off your chest, read the very supportive replies and then make it to bed time without having a cig.  You can do it!! We will support you!! If it helps, set yourself a mini target to get to initially. I think mine was 42. Once I had done that I found it a lot easier to dismiss the cravings with a simple nope I can’t, I’m not even going to entertain any thoughts of possibly being able to have a fag until I’ve at least done my 42 days.  And then lo and behold, by the time you get to the 42 days, you don’t want to break your quit and all the hard work that you’ve done....and I set another goal and did it again. But anyway, welcome!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Weebeastie

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:30 am »
Haggis, neeps and tatties on the agenda for tomorrow here (with whisky gravy). Must run as my dear recently deceased Scottish friend's memorial ceremony is today and  Mr S and I are away to set the room up....

@Weebeastie , it's splendid to meet you!!!  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Nick_82

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 10:26:30 pm »
Hi @Weebeastie, great to have you join us  006

I’m two months quit and the cravings are many many times better than in week 1 if that helps. Congratulations on first few days quit!