Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Here is a reason to quit!!  (Read 1688 times)

Millie

Here is a reason to quit!!
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:04:03 pm »
Please don't feel badly of me for posting this but after being cig free since November I thought I would share with you some of what I have coughed up, if this is not a good enough reason to pack up then I don't know what is, it proves that there is a lot of nasty tar inside me and you if you smoke, it shall drag you down and suffocate you, you shall smell badly, your hair, clothes, home and vehicle become stagnant with the smell..

I hope I can become clear of this horrible tar!

Cigarette smoker for 37 years cannabis on and off for 8 years, stopped the latter 6 years ago, cigs stopped Nov 2017.

Titch

Re: Here is a reason to quit!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 02:36:43 pm »
You have done the right thing by stopping smoking Millie.  Have you had a doctor check what you are coughing up just to be on the safe side. 
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: Millie

Millie

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 02:41:38 pm »
I did take a sample in and was told it is just my lungs clearing out the remnants from smoking, I do suffer from adverse anxiety and maybe sometimes I do make more out of things that others would not, perhaps it is nothing and usual stuff from ex smokers! :-\
Cigarette smoker for 37 years cannabis on and off for 8 years, stopped the latter 6 years ago, cigs stopped Nov 2017.

Titch

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 02:46:40 pm »
Im glad you had it checked out.

Sorry to hear you are suffering from adverse anxiety - maybe as time goes on and you are more confortable in your quit you will be able to relax more and that may alleviate some of the anxiety that is surrounding you at the moment. 

A lot of people have said their anxiety improves with their quit - fingers crossed that happens for you too.

Meanwhile if there is anything that concerns you about your quit then do ask the question.  We have all been through it and even though none of us can give medical advice we can all give advice on quitting and the symptoms of quitting and definitely the benefits of quitting.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 02:55:44 pm »
The sort of brownish ick in your sputum is very like what I coughed up when I quit, not sure about the black bit though.

I'd be tempted to check that out myself.
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:10:28 pm »
Oh yummy!! Yep that's what you need to show yourself as your reason to keep quitting!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 03:36:15 pm »
I never had anything like that when I quit, but looking at that I think I now know the reason why.  I was coughing that up every morning while I was smoking ;D 002

Teflon

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 04:23:33 pm »
I had all sorts of lumps and foulness come up, for well over 18 months too. The taste used to make me wonder if I had been sleep smoking as it reminded me so much of my dawn chorus whilst still smoking.

Keep an eye on it though, bits coming from where bits should be coming from no GP will tell you off for letting them know.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 05:32:53 pm »
Thanks for posting that millie. Ive heard of folk coughing up stuff and being a weirdo i kinda wondered what actually came up as it hasnt happened to me!  So now i know  ;)

What date did you quit? Im a november quitter too, join the club  007
Quit Date 6/11/17

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »
Welcome to the forum @Millie and HUGE congratulations on your quit!!  ;D  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: 007

Better out than in right enough!  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Millie

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 09:15:33 pm »
Thank you all for your kind comments, I am surprised you are not in the slightest moved by the photo so I must be right at home, it is anxiety that makes me want to take a photo of it, i never noticed coughing up anything like this before i packed up! It is still not that long since November and i still have the thought, perhaps i should have a ciggy but its the smell that puts me right off like never before, something has changed, I am turning green and the smell of them  :D

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Lostie

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 08:52:49 am »
That's the joy of this community, it helps us see we're not alone AND gives us a place to check stuff out to see if it's something others have encountered when quitting.

How are you doing today @Millie ?
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Millie

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 10:53:14 pm »
I'm doing fine with my non smoking, I just have to sort the diabetes out now, i may have to go on to insulin but won't know until next week or so, I hope everyone here is ok?!!

Gerti1

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 07:21:39 am »
Hi Millie and well done for quitting
I also cough up that nasty looking brown stuff and feel its my lungs having a good cleanse :) so be proud of your lungs.
I also suffer with anxiety and I would have also posted the photo if I had thought of it.
I am starting CBT for anxiety soon as I want to help my quit in any way I can as it is so very important kk
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 09:45:48 pm »
Blimey @Millie was that how you found out you had diabetes?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)