Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 8  (Read 789 times)

Gerti1

Day 8
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:55:12 pm »
Well so far this has been the hardest 8 days of any quit I've ever done. My mornings are full of anxiety and a nicodemon that screams at me from the moment I wake till about 2 in the afternoon, to get some respite from him I iron, walk and keep busy and by the afternoon it gets easier and I can cope but mornings I cant cope without literally keeping busy constantly. The tears are here and I am crying over the most not real things !!!! Its like hysteria !!!! I have 2 grown up children 2 of which are still at home aged 24 and 26 and I have started to think that I never ever want them to leave me !!! I end up sobbing and then I end up laughing and then I feel better !!! totally hysterical. I started cold turkey for 2 days and then put on a medium strength patch because I had become hysterical which by the way is so not me, I usually knit !!!! I have had depression and I have been through anxiety so I think once that happens to you you are always primed and ready to blame it as if you have a weakness or some flaw but basically we are all the same and its just some of us need a little more help. Sorry for rambling but this poison will not beat me
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: tea

Glasgowgal

Re: Day 8
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 01:12:29 pm »
Good for you sticking with it gerti and im glad you can have a laugh too. I remember you said you were going through the M. My mum started that hmmm about 12 months ago and she seemingly changed overnight to the ott emotional way! And is still kinda like that. So that might be a lot to do with all the emotions or even just a little to do with it. See if your stuck you could come round and do my ironing and cleaning??!!   :P
Quit Date 6/11/17

Max414

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 01:12:42 pm »
this poison will not beat me

And right there Gerti is why you are putting yourself through this torture. :hug:
Cos if you don't beat this poison,it will have you-and if it does,it may well be a horrendous and terminal experience so dig in,be hysterical,be manic,do anything and everything,run down the street naked,but don't let this poison beat you  :foundbeer:
I liked to think of it like this
On Day One,Nicdemon is alternatively yelling into your face and whispering to you that you need/deserve/want a fag.
The same goes for day 2 and 3.BUT each day you succeed,you lay a brick between you and him. You build a wall and as the wall gets higher he has to work harder to get to you,he does work harder and he gets desperate to keep your soul but if you keep laying bricks,the wall will eventually silence him until all you hear are foul distant grunts and echoes.
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: tea, Kat73

Sally

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 01:16:12 pm »
Gerti, give yourself a great big pat on the back and be very proud of yourself for getting to Day 8.  You are beating that nicodemon, keep going and I promise you it will get easier.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 01:47:00 pm »
Bless you, that first week is NOT for wimps  :hug:

But YOU'VE COME THROUGH IT!!!!!

There are literally thousands of smokers out there who, if they could be magically transported to stand where you stand now, with a week under your belt, would give anything to do so!

I was a hysterical mess who needed to keep busy too so just go with whatever works.  Just bear in mind that, as the lack of nicotine messes with the receptors in your brain, there's every likelihood that your serotonin will take a nosedive so, if the tears don't ease up soon, get to the GP.  I ended up having to go back on anti-depressants when I was quitting and it turns out it's incredibly common which I guess is no surprise when you consider the chemical chaos your brain is going through. 

The golden phrase is, if in doubt, get checked out!
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

The following users thanked this post: Burners

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 02:04:33 pm »
I could contribute to your ironing to do and if you ever fancy branching out into gardening.....

Knitting is good and cable knit throws and cushions are really 'in' at the moment. My mum made mine and I got it last July (I can do cable knit patterns but I'm not patient to do a whole throw and 4 matching cushions and yet she did them in 4 weeks). Anyway I went in Heals or Made and saw a smaller version for £269!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:57:01 pm »
Just wanted to send a few  :hug: :hug: :hug: your way @Gerti1 Nothing can make this part of quitting any easier but it WILL pass I promise...
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 06:51:24 pm »
Thank you for your lovely help. Sitting down with a nice cuppa now feeling the usual evening confidence and am not scared of the morning gremlin so lets be aving ya cos I am waiting
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 08:39:30 pm »
Well done for getting through day 8 @Gerti1 , I know tis is awful being on day 8 too but its just about over now, we did it. Onwards and upwards  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »
Just remember guys being on Day whatever is better than being on Day -1 which is where you didn't want to be and how you got here. And for every day you're still coming up the hotel towards the Penthouse  :foundbeer: you're going in the right direction.  :foundbeer:
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Enough42

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 09:41:14 pm »
I am completely loving your mind set for the morning @Gerti1 you are ready to fight the blighter!! Go get him girl and give him an upper cut from me!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 10:06:40 pm »
Hi @Gerti1 ,just keep in there and do as max says, a bit cold for streaking,  but build that wall, brick by brick. and have you got any news @Enough42 .
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 06:58:41 am »
Aye did you not hit your next target @Enough42 the big 7 5 !!!! Lets celebrate  008 008 008 008
Quit Date 6/11/17