Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Help....  (Read 2190 times)

jacq

Help....
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:44:56 pm »
So a few things are going on for me right now. I am a little emotional over some family issues and I am putting on lbs which is also upsetting me....during highly emotional times the first thing i think of is smoking. Obviously this far down the line and it being so hard to have stopped I wont but any advice ?

Max414

Re: Help....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:47:49 pm »
Jacq, we your friends are immensely proud of what you have achieved so far-those days you have been quit,are in the bank,those days are safe.
Make no mistake-when it comes to quitting the gloves are OFF. All things are fair in this bloody fistfight with Nicdemon  009. You are undoing a physical and mental addiction -that takes some doing  :hug:

You must expect that at times you may feel like saying B******cks to it-we all did. What we did is to put that feeling off,constantly put it off-for an hour,for the afternoon,until tomorrow....but never allow that feeling to be here and now,because that is when Nicdemon has you  001

You have things that are upsetting you-find refuge in things you enjoy-company of friends,wine,food,tv anything which will head off the smoking idea.DO NOT worry about putting on weight-we all did that,too. I put on a stone and a half and it took 2 years to remove a stone but who cares,when I succeeded in quitting !!!!! :hug:

This is HARD-but the miracle is,it gets easier and easier over time,until you do not waste a single second of a day thinking of fags. Hard to believe yes,but it is true and it is amazing but to get there ,you have to fight through the swamp first x
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: tea

Glasgowgal

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:39:04 pm »
Im really sorry i cant offer any advice as i never got thatvery emotional way because of quitting but you are not alone a lot of the women seem to be like that. What i do understand is family stresses, i felt v stressed over xmas due to those obligatory times i had to spend with certain folks. I suppose my brain knew i was stressed and i just felt stressed but you are going im stressed ....and then jumping to i want a fag.   Can you do anything to alleviate the stress? Exercise and booze are my go tos  ;) i hope you feel better soon jac. Keep posting jac we are all in this together. And ps you are doing A M A Z I N G
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 07:44:03 pm »
Rather than turning to your old crutch it encourages you to face things and it can be hard. I like having a good air box or (if the weather allows) running with my earphones in and a good playlist for leftie to enjoy.

I kick dead leaves, I pound dead leaves as I run; I don't need to stick them in a bit of paper and set fire to them to make me feel happier.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Max414

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »
Hi @jacq , you've just posted 40 days plus, that's a big number and takes some doing, don't ever waste it. Use your vape or get some lozenges just to get you past that 5 minute crave and keep with us, its getting easier, and I smell wonderful, the money was never a problem for me, I would find it from somewhere but oh my bank balance has never looked better.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Enough42

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:16:35 am »
Sorry I wasn’t here for you sooner @jacq.  You okay? Did you make it through the evening unscathed? I had a very emotional issue just before Xmas so I just have been 50+ days and I sooo wanted a cigarette but there was no way I was going to waste all of the hell id just been through to get to 50+ days. So you can scream, you can shout, you can have a bit too much to drink or another choccie to eat but do not let Mr Nic (the b*starding b*stard) win!!!! I too have put on weight but now I am more settled into my quit (in such a place where I can think about things other than smoking) I have started to exercise more and make sure I am eating at least 5 a day.  I know the weight will come off but like quitting smoking, it’s just a matter of time and dedication! Hope you’re okay.  Let us know.....
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:52:02 am »
How are you feeling today ?  Hope it is a new day and a better day for you :hug:

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:38:28 am »
Hope you are feeling a little better. I am all emotional too and trying to walk it off. I know it will go we just have to keep putting 1 foot on front of the other and then we come out the other side
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

jacq

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 01:45:31 pm »
Hey guys thanks again for all your advice. @Max414 @Glasgowgal @LAST CHANCE SALOON @Enough42 @tea You all speak so much sense and seem to always come to the rescue. I really appreciate it. @Lostie thanks for asking too. I did manage to make it through yesterday only becuase I have you guys there. I just dont want to let any of you down and I dont want to post here that i failed!! This support system really is something else. I think getting stressed and emotional Ive just always turned to fags and now I dont smoke I guess i just have to let the feeling come and know it will also go.  Its that thing I need to do in the meantime. I keep reminding myself a smoke WONT HELP and will make it worse. So thanks you guys, you saved my quit....

The following users thanked this post: tea, Max414

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 02:57:35 pm »
Yer @jacq  ,DON'T YOU DARE LET US DOWN, if that's a trigger that will keep you quitting. I still go to the end of the kitchen worktop to where my fags always lived but of course they are no longer there, so I just have to get on with life and find something else to do. Listen to us, were quitting for good this time.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Nicky40

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »
Hi @jacq I'm so pleased to see you got through it, you are absolutely right that it would make you feel worse, when I gave in previously I felt guilty, stupid, disappointed with myself etc etc.  Well done for getting past it.

Something I remember from my previous quit that sticks with me, after about 6 months I was washing up and thought to myself 'I'll just have a fag before sitting down for tv' then immediately thought 'oh no I won't, I don't smoke anymore' and I wasn't bothered at all, in fact I laughed to myself.  It will improve and it will all be worth it.  That's why I'm so determined to stick to it this time, I remember that it becomes ok, and normal not to smoke.  :hug:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Enough42

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »
Well done @jacq for sticking with it even though the going got a little rough.  But you hit the nail on the head exactly - having a fag will not help you at all.  I think I posted a comment just like yours somewhere along the way when that realisation dawned upon me.  The only purpose it will serve will be to make you feel worse so that is not the answer and you just need to find a new answer or accept that there is in fact no answer!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 07:03:33 pm »
Well done @jacq you have and are doing great.

A big  :hug: and  008 from me

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 08:46:25 pm »
@jacq you are doing amazing with your quit particularly under trying circumstances. We are all here for you and will shout, "Don't do it," as many times as you like or need. We believe in. Now believe in yourself and tell the Nicotine SOB to crawl back under his rock and leave you alone.

As for the weight, meh enjoy the curves and worry about those another time. Face this battle first with the Nicotine as the waist line can be brought back in line when you are more in control and are ready.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Sally

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 11:07:56 am »
Sorry I'm late to reply to this post, it's been a difficult week.  I hope everything's ok @jacq.  You are doing brilliantly and we're here to help you every step of the way. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges