Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 6 :)  (Read 1861 times)

Nicky40

Day 6 :)
« on: January 12, 2018, 09:08:06 am »
Good morning everyone.

The start of day 6 today and I am particularly pleased to have got this far cold Turkey.  Looking through my previous posts, my longest quit on this site has been 19 days and that was not without one or two slip up cigs in the first week!  I can't describe how happy I am feeling to be on day 6.  Also I didn't bite my husbands head off last night so he was extra pleased (his assistant at work has also quit so he has been snapped at day and night   :D)

I have had one or two craves per day (in the office breaks were set times) and have found writing NOPE a few times helps, also I write something positive (Well done you/You can do it etc) in my office diary for the next day. 

Usually I don't come on this site at weekends but I will this week as it has been helping lots, particularly doing the word games and daily quizzes (badly!) helps as a distraction.  :foundbeer:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Glasgowgal

Re: Day 6 :)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:59:44 am »
Morning Nicky,

I was the exact same, every quit before this one i cheated, secret smoked or made up daft rules like can smoke at weekend or when drinking.  My longest ever quit before was 21 days and I had cheated along the way.  It sounds like you are having an honest quit this time round, which is great and i think its real important.

Yes stay close to the board, that's certainly what i do and it works for me  ;) Keep up the good work, you are doing everything you should be and doing very well. Text book quit Nicky this sounds like it could be the one for you  ;)

Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, LAST CHANCE SALOON

Max414

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 11:12:00 am »
Morning Nicky
A strong and determined start for you and shaping up nicely  :foundbeer:
And keep playing the quizzes-it takes about 6 months before you start hitting the answers quickly and scoring highly. I win most months ,not cos I is clever loike (though I am ,quite)  :P but more cos I have a technique to read questions ahead and also have seen lots of the questions before.

Tell yourself,this is it. Give yourself, NO option but to quit,do not allow yourself to even think of failure. That's what I did and it worked,you kind of accept it as being just how things are going to be
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Enough42

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:52 pm »
Morning @Nicky40 and well done you on your fabulous attitude and great mind set. This feels like it’s going to be the one for you.  I’m slightly alarmed that you’re only having one or two cravings a day!  When I was on day 6 my whole day was one long crave but that just goes to show that maybe your mind is in a better place than mine was at the time.  Keep going!! You’re doing brilliantly.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Nicky40

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 01:26:18 pm »
Thank you all for your positive support, it helps a lot.  007

@Glasgowgal Oh yes, the 'weekends' and 'when drinking it's ok to smoke' rules, I have had those too, inevitably leads to daily smoking though, as we both now know. :)

@Enough42 I think the reason for not so many craves is that I have only really been smoking 16 months (light smoker 5-10 a day), before that was quit for around 25 months after 27 years of heavy smoking (20 plus daily), so I hadn't quite got back to smoking as much as before.

@Max414 I can't me getting quicker on the quizzes somehow lol.

Off to bingo tonight for the first time in a few years, it's somewhere I don't drink and there is no smoking of course.  Hopefully win win some cash too.  006
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Titch

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 02:42:54 pm »
You are doing so well @Nicky40 and I love the idea of writing something positive everyday.

Keep doing what your'e doing because it is obviously working for you,

PS I have my fingers crossed that bingo brings in a big win for you tonight
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:44:20 pm »
I'm pleased it sounds like a positive quitting experience. I do like the idea of your work diary.....
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

markmcclean1980

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:56 pm »
Well done @Nicky40 you are going great guns.  I like the idea of writing little messages to yourself.  I hope you are proud of yourself.  Keep at it and you will soon have the first week done, although every minute is a milestone.

Nicky40

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:59 pm »
Had a good day but tonight was quite hard, as it was Friday I left work thinking about a vodka and a cigarette. Went out for food with friends which was nice but still felt like I was missing something. I am ok though, Watching tv in bed now and wont stay awake too late then before I know it I will have started day 7. Its all good and I can do this.  :ninja:

The following users thanked this post: markmcclean1980, Glasgowgal, LAST CHANCE SALOON

Glasgowgal

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 10:34:23 pm »
You sound like my sorta gal nicky haha love a vodka too. Glad you are doing ok
Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 11:20:36 pm »
Hi @Nicky40 ,I see you have been on here since 2015 so there's nothing I can tell you except most of us have failed many times but this time seems different, I didn't have the support of the ex smokers on here before and the latest smokers all trying for the same thing. This is my last chance to change my life and I'm feeling great, LEG almost 99% better and over £1000 saved already and smell wonderful so my wife says. Just keep going your doing great.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Glasgowgal

Enough42

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 07:09:44 am »
Surprise @Nicky40 you’re on day 7! Well done.  That “missing” feeling does go.  I’ve just woken from a dream where there had been “no smoking” lecturers at my kids primary school and I could proudly say that I was 70+ days quit. In my dream I was so please to be on the “no smoking” team and felt really sorry for those who weren’t. So you’re right, it’s all good!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: tea, Max414, Nicky40

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 10:43:09 am »
I had that same dream as last week @Enough42 ,i'm in a little corner shop where the fags are on display and I just stare at them and the shop keeper keeps asking which ones I want but I never buy any of them, there seems to be a message there. So day 7 @Nicky40 and looking good. Smelling like an ash tray was never on my list to give up but it is now, smokers stink.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Nicky40

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 03:51:27 pm »
Hi all, day 7 and feeling ok.  Been busy all morning cleaning etc.  Boring stuff but it's distracting.  Last Sat I would have kept stopping cleaning for a fag so I got it all done quicker today which is great.  Going to have a nice soak in a bubble bath next with a book before going to bingo tonight - as I have saved about £30 this week it is free anyway  :foundbeer:

Regarding dreams, I remember them from last time, some where I had been smoking and when I woke up it felt so real I was so gutted, but then pleased when I realised I hadn't.

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 04:56:13 pm »
I do love a bath......still my favourite sort of treat. I like the L'occitane shea butter bubble bath and a big bar of their milk soap.....and from £30 I would still have enough for a bottle of wine.  008
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)