Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 4  (Read 726 times)

Nicky40

Day 4
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:20:20 am »
I noticed I have a couple of posts in this room already from when I last fell off the wagon.  It helped to read them but I am having a new day 4 post for this quit.  Found out at work yesterday afternoon that two colleagues have also quit, one is on a week and the other 5 days.  That will help a lot as we all used to scrounge cigs from each other during quit attempts!

Things I have noticed so far:  My night sweats/flushes have lessened a little - though these are age related I know that smoking makes them worse and I also seem to have slept better last night.  My resting heart rate is lower - I had quite a high resting rate before so I assume that was the smoking too, this fitbit is useful as I never had such a good one when I quit before.

Feeling: Positive but not overly so as I am aware of the dangers but I think I'm more determined this time.  Already turned down an invitation for drinks at the weekend as I just don't want to risk it this time.  I'm also avoiding smoking friends for a few weeks.

Anyway, well done and good luck to everyone else on this journey, whether 1 day or 10 years  008
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

The following users thanked this post: Max414, Skiddaw, Gerti1, Glasgowgal

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Day 4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 10:22:28 am »
Fab post @Nicky40;D

Keep noting down those benefits- despite the bad days the positives will keep on accruing. This is YOUR quit, I can feel it.
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:53:12 pm »
Great going @Nicky40

Stay positive and look forward to a bright new future  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Gerti1

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 07:16:28 pm »
Well done Nicky
I have also noticed a difference in the night sweats which is a bonus. I am keeping busy and doing a purposeful 40 minute walk each day to help my mood which today has been tricky, emotionally I feel so upset !!! but I know that this all gets better so onwards and upwards
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

The following users thanked this post: Nicky40, Glasgowgal

Glasgowgal

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:24:56 pm »
You both are doing so well. Good for you exercising @Gerti1 . I love walking myself and getting out in the fresh air for a break. Very grey in Glasgow today but dry at least and not freezing cold  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

Nicky40

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:36:02 am »
Day 5 Yay

So it's day five today, feeling quite good.  I'm still very quick to lose my temper so trying hard to keep that in check.  Also last night I had a annoying smoking dream - bugger off Nicdemon!!

I have printed a list of a health benefits timeline and pinned in my kitchen, at the end of each day I highlight a line - though the next one to highlight is day 8 so my pen can have a few days off now.  :D :D

Hope everyone else is doing ok too - @Gerti1 I hope your mood has lifted a little today  007
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

Max414

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:56:59 am »
Your silent army of support are right here Nicky  :vader:
And we will help to fight off the demon as he tries to undo your great work.
Stick close,stay focused,take it one hour at a time,as many distractions as you can muster,and place yourself physically as much as you can in locations where you are not allowed to smoke anyway.
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Gerti1

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:49:33 pm »
Well done Nicky and love the list thing, might have to do one. I think my emotions are a little haywire due to menopause, sorry guys. Just keep plugging away
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Nicky40

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:56 pm »
Snap with the menopause @Gerti1 , awful isn't it, and never bloody ending. I'm going to stay up a little later tonight as I have been going really early to avoid wanting to smoke.  :)