Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Into week three!  (Read 914 times)

Nick_82

Into week three!
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:49:03 pm »
I had my last cig two weeks ago tonight so I think I’ve made it to the start of wrk three about now.

It feels like a long two weeks but so glad I’m still on it! I’m at that amazing point where at least an hour can go by without thinking about smoking. That feels so nice compared to the continual battle at the start. There are still hard times but between them things are easier which is spuring me on.

I’ve had a cold the last few days and felt rough but my plan is when I feel better next week I’m going to try and start getting some regular exercise going.

I’ve got a niggling worry that things will be really hard when I finish Champix in a couple of months (like I will have to have all the battles again then)  but I guess i’ll just have to cross that bridge when I come to it. It’s tempting to stop the tablets sooner and get that over with but lots of stuff I’ve read advises against that so think i’ll take the full 12 weeks.

Hope everyone has had a great Friday and thanks again for all the support over the past couple of weeks.  006

Glasgowgal

Re: Into week three!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »
I had a niggling worry about when my 12 week patch/lozenge programme would end too @Nick_82 . Its funny to see you with the same niggle but we re all in the same boat eh  007

I was thinking should i try get off the patches quicker, will i be on the patches forever, is coming off the patches ie nicotine withdrawel....is that going to be awful etc etc

But the guys here said just take it one day at a time. Its a marathon not a sprint. And heres me someone who felt very dependant on my patches not long ago - ive not had a patch on since last Saturday! And it wasnt a conscious decision it just kinda happened naturally.

Try not to worry about the future. Today you are good and thats great. And im sure you will be good tomorrow also  ;)

Im sure there are others but i know @Max414 is mr champix so he might be able to advise what happens when you stop champix. But i think naturally you might just stop taking it as i did with the patches. I also remember from when ive used champix before they can extend the length of time your on it if needed.

Your doing brilliant @Nick_82 and hearing about your journey helps me and everybody else.

Ps disaster, father in law lives in a tiny village in dumfries and all road in are off due to weather so we ve got him another night  008 008 008 008 008
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: tea, Nick_82

Nick_82

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 06:37:18 pm »
Thanks @Glasgowgal . As you say one day at a time has got to be the key. It is good to have people in the same boat as you say 006

Hope the father in law is behaving. I’m mentally preparing myself for our family chaos tomorrow.  009

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 07:16:23 pm »
@Nick_82  you are doing really well and all the little niggles you are having are quite normal, a pain in the arse maybe, but quite normal.

Try not to worry about what or how you will feel in two months time, two months is a long way off and trust me it wont be as bad as you think. At the moment you are thinking as a smoker who is quitting, but in two months time you will be thinking more like a non smoker who has quit.

Just take each day as it comes and be proud of what you are doing and achieving.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »
I think @Glasgowgal covered that perfectly. It's a marathon not a sprint and you don't have to fight the physical and mental battles at the same time; if your goal is to win the war then time your battles.

Do or do not there is no try  :vader: - Yoda
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Nick_82, Glasgowgal

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:24:19 pm »
Well i know nothing about Champix @Nick_82 , i wasn't offered it and i didn't know about it until i got on here, but it seems to work ok. I think as @Glasgowgal says ,you just change as time goes by and suddenly find you dont need all these things we have to stop us smoking, but are a great help in the early days..I'm already forgetting what it was like to smoke and now wish i was this strong 15 years ago. We all failed before so whats so different this time. For me its physical as well as i  only know one friend that still smokes, and he's past saving, i'm usually on my own outside pubs and family gatherings and tax on fags from this year is 88%, and you and your clothes stink, there's no good points i can think of. Things have changed in 15 years and so have i. We are talking about smoking to the point of boring even myself, but its something i havent dare do in 40 years, maybe i should have. I will never buy another pack of fags, full stop.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: tea, Nick_82, Glasgowgal

Enough42

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 04:09:15 am »
Well done @Nick_82  for getting through those first 2 weeks and moving up a room! It's so bloomin hard in the beginning but you are doing brilliantly. Don't think too much about the Champix finishing right now.  You'll be amazed at how strong you start to feel once you're posting in the higher rooms.  So just one step at a time would be my advice and you can cross that bridge when you come to it.  In the mean time - just one minute, one hour, one day and one week at a time and before you know it you'll be breaking through to the other side.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: Nick_82

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:17 am »
I had no troubles at all when I came off Champix.  I had cut down to half dosage in about the first month because it made me feel sick. My GP wanted me to stay on them for a year because I was such a heavy smoker. I think it was about month 3 or 4 I just went in and told him I wasn't taking them any more and I managed fine. I got the usual doubts quitters get.  You'll be fine Don't think too far ahead :hug:

The following users thanked this post: Nick_82

jacq

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »
Hi guys. Well done @Nick_82 it’s amazing! I’m on day 16 today and I have to say I was fine this morning really positive but tonight we have big dinner plans and all I can think about is smoking. I don’t know what’s happened but I’ve become all bloody emotional again. Agitated tears crying and angry....help someone help! I’m not sure I can keep this fight up tonight I’m fed up

Nick_82

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 08:28:41 pm »
Hi @jacq, sorry you’ve had a tough day. Remember how far you have come, don’t give in now! We need to all do this and get to the penthouse! I hope you are feeling better! Nick

Nick_82

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 08:30:43 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind messages, sorry for the slow reply, it’s been a full on weekend with the in-laws!

@Lostie - thanks for your message, it’s reassuring to know you didn’t have trouble stopping the Champix. I’m just going to enjoy being a non-smoker for now and worry about it in Feb. Might start to cut it down slowly then. As you say @Enough42 just cross that bridge when I get took it I guess.

Thanks for your message to @LAST CHANCE SALOON . Your strength is really spuring me on. I hope the skin problem with the patches is improving. @tea (aka Yoda) This time I know I’m going to do this. As you say I need to get my phsycological stuff sorted the next couple of months and then I will be ready for any physical stuff when i stop the Champix.

@KitKat - just got back from the in-laws. Absolutely exhausted. Someone had bought one of the kids a James Bond theme toy car that played the James Bond theme over and over again which added a special something to the occasion. (Did enjoy it though as the kids are all great really - just full on!)

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON