Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: And just like that I've hit 42 days  (Read 839 times)

Enough42

And just like that I've hit 42 days
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:42:06 am »
Wow.  This goal seemed like eons away when I was really struggling during the beginning, middle and end of November but just like magic it has appeared! I've still got my guard up as those odd cravings do still pop along but as I've said in other posts, it is more like a "sheesh a smoke would be nice right now" which I can easily dismiss and move on from rather than the tearing my hair out kind of craving of the first month. Sooo.....where do we go from here?  Just one hour, one day and one week at a time I suppose and remembering the NOPE (not one puff ever) mantra. I'm really proud of myself for having made it through the most difficult month of my life and only now do I feel like I can actually move forward with things.  My house is a mess and so was my brain but I'm finally in a place where I feel like I've got this quit thing under control enough to be able to sort things like that out......and just in time for Christmas too!! Next goal is 75 days. Thank you to everyone for your support. You have truly been brilliant and I can say hand on heart that I wouldn't have made it this far without your support on this forum.  It has saved me. Without a shadow of a doubt.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

The following users thanked this post: tea, KitKat, Skiddaw, LAST CHANCE SALOON, jacq

LAST CHANCE SALOON

Re: And just like that I've hit 42 days
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:49:26 am »
Very well done @Enough42 ,youv'e made it to your target , it seems to take so long when your counting time on here, but we've watched you drag yourself to that magic number of your name sake and its not that easy..Does that mean a change of name to Enough75. 008
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Enough42, jacq

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 08:31:38 am »
That's 6 weeks done!! I'm so pleased you've turned that corner and things have gotten better and I think that this will give @jacq hope. Just keep going!! I really hope you've treated yourself for achieving your first big goal. Very proud of you!! :D
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Enough42, jacq

jacq

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:31:13 am »
Hi guys so grateful for this forum. It was my 40th yesterday and i got through it smoke free i am very sure thanks to all of you. I am so happy i found this site. Today is day 12....I can do this. I feel like its clearing and there is a light at the end of the tunnel....I have my moments but they are moments and i just wonder what does one day in that void besides, eat, drink or eat or drink or eat or drink :)  - any advice?

The following users thanked this post: tea

Titch

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:57 am »
Cant tell you how big the grin on my face is to read this.  So very very proud of you.

Thank you to everyone for your support. You have truly been brilliant and I can say hand on heart that I wouldn't have made it this far without your support on this forum.  It has saved me. Without a shadow of a doubt.

You are the one that has saved yourself  @Enough42  You have put in the hard work and determination so without a shadow of a doubt you are the one that has been truly brilliant.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:37 am »
I have found @jacq with many others the crave lasts about 3 minutes, so either read something on here, like minded people, or get a spray or lozenge, they are free and its pay back time for all the tax you've paid on cigs over the years, and think the cost of cigs are 88 to 90% tax now, do you really want to pay for the MPs Christmas p*** up this year, not any more for me. Its still early days for me too but i'm getting there with help from your fellow quitters on here, were all in the same boat and we've all failed in the past, but not this time...Very last chance.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:20:45 pm »
@Enough42 , you are a TOTAL STAR!!! Seriously well done. You deserve every form of congratulation.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: I can already see the Penthouse beginning to emerge in the misty distance and I can tell you for sure that your suite is already in the process of being decorated. Time will really start to march now and you'll be entering the hallowed halls before you know it.  ;D 008

@jacq , I took up running. I hated running when I was at school and never thought it would be for me but it didn't half sort out the craves and I found I really enjoyed it. But it doesn't matter what you do- run naked through the snow, clean the house from top to bottom., take up macrame- as long as it gets you through. The void will soon start to fill I promise. And you're doing fantastically well.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 02:30:43 pm »
@jacq in those 3 minutes I used to do a litttle dance and have a fidget, have a Fisherman's Friend or a nice lemon sherbet, or play on the forum!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Glasgowgal

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 03:44:01 pm »
Yep WELL DONE @Enough42 you did so well getting to your target 42 days and im so happy for you that you are now finding it muchhhhhh easier  ;)  Sounds like you are in cruise control to The Penthouse!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Quit Date 6/11/17

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 07:01:37 pm »
Well done @Enough42 I'm so pleased for you.

Be proud of yourself, very proud  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it