Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day two (hopefully my last time in this room!!)  (Read 1374 times)

Nicky40

Day two (hopefully my last time in this room!!)
« on: December 01, 2017, 08:28:55 am »
Hi everyone

Last quit failed again and I felt like giving up on giving up however, having read online that it takes most people between 2-5 attempts I am not too disheartened.

So, I really need to stop now, last cigarette was Wednesday evening and it wasn't even very enjoyable - standing out in the garden shivering (maybe this time of year will easier), I'm am also not drinking much alcohol now until Christmas (I have declined work party invites etc to make it easier), though I am away next weekend but with 1 smoker and 10 non smokers.

The reason I'm am now so certain I want to stop is that I am going to be a grandmother next year.  I never stopped smoking for my own babies, regrettably, so I will for this one.
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

KitKat

• Administrator
Re: Day two (hopefully my last time in this room!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:43:37 am »
Hi @Nicky40  yep it can take some people many quits to find the one that sticks, plus the right reason to quit, like becoming a Grandmother for the first time.

So, you are here, you want to quit and you have the reason and a very good reason indeed to quit.

Make your plan on how you are going to quit, get everything in place, patches, lozenges, sprays etc and if you are not sure about anything, just ask on here, there is not one method that fits all.

Post as much as you can and please shout for help as and when you need it.

Oh and sometimes a good old fashioned rant helps as well and if you do rant we will understand and be willing to listen without judging you.

Take care

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:34:30 am »
Congratulations @Nicky40 both on your quit and on your impending granny-hood!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I think you've picked the best possible reason for quitting. You'll be a sweet-smelling non-smoking granny and it doesn't get much better than that.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Max414

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 11:24:01 am »
Right with you Nicky- and what a great reason to quit-to become a non smoking and non stinky Grannie  004
Not only that of course cos you will find your breathing easier..your purse heavier..your mind clearer..your skin will regain its pink glow..and 200 more benefits,and if you think of the savings in money then you could like me kid yourself that you are actually being paid,to quit smoking  :nobeer:

Also good to see you in the quizzes  :hug:

Anyone else want to join in either or both of our daily quizzes then see the sticky post under the forum games section. More the merrier  006
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Nicky40

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 11:32:56 am »
Thank you very much @Skiddaw , @KitKat and @Max414 .  What I love about this site the most is that there is no judgement, I come back trying again on I think my fourth time and you are all still welcoming and lovely.  :foundbeer:

and @Max414 , I'm not very good at the quizzes but it's fun trying anyway  :hug:
Smoked for most of my adult life (and a fair bit of my childhood!).  Managed a two year quit 2014-2016 but started again!  Quit again on 6th January 2018 and lasted 7 months!  Back on the wagon again now...........

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 11:38:11 am »
Aw so you will be like our cat mad Carol and will never be a smelly nanny!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:39:04 pm »
When is grandbaby due @Nicky40

We of course will need to wet the baby's head in the true and proper fashion  008 008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »
Nice to meet you @Nicky40 and fourth time lucky eh!! What a lovely reason to stop smoking.
Quit Date 6/11/17

Nicky40

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 09:42:28 am »
Thanks and nice to meet you too @Glasgowgal , baby due June @KitKat bit of a shock as Im quite young as is my silly son who will be a father but may as well look at the good points  :foundbeer: