Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Its a Miracle.  (Read 2668 times)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

Re: Its a Miracle.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 11:20:36 pm »
Hi @Glasgowgal ,well i notice the lower dose is a smaller patch so hope that's better and i haven't kept  one on over night for a week. I dont think i would go for a smoke out of that tin but i will get her to move them just in case i have a breakdown. Hope your wrong about 1 cigar= 1 fag, that puts me on 1500 a day. Toff to win, still think Ian is false, gone very gobby now...Mac has moved to Priestland, East Ayrshire, never heard of it, only been to Butlins in Ayr..Hope the snow keeps off @ tea, got loads 2 days ago but i'm taking the family to local pub for our 1st Christmas dinner tomorrow at the Bridge inn, lovely old place with a rooring log fire.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: tea

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 11:48:31 pm »
@LAST CHANCE SALOON well done on the quit. You are doing amazing. Enjoy the euphoric feeling of oxygen in your blood and walk whenever you can.

You have achieved so many firsts already - one hour, one day, one week and you are now heading for your first month. Those are all monumental targets on their own. Just keep going.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 11:04:03 am »
Ooooh that looks lovely @LAST CHANCE SALOON !! My goodness, don't you deserve a nice lunch too! :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Butlins... how I loved Butlins when I was little. We used to go to the Phwelli one (Wales) and the Minehead one (Somerset).  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 12:56:55 pm »
Thanks everyone, well were snowed in, 6 inches , and getting worse , so all our planning and booking are out the window..Christmas meal in pub cancelled, and won't be going to my brothers in west midlands tomorrow, looks like egg on toast, and didn't get milk when i went to chinky last night, bah humbug..We've got used to not having snow in December so didn't plan for it. These red squares on me don't seem to be fading, if i get any more  i will look like Mr Blobby...Yer @ Skiddaw Bultlins was great with the kids, usually Skeggy though...Just wondering what i would do for fags today if i still smoked, climb mountains i expect. :(
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 01:12:49 pm »
Awwe what a shame. No snow in Glasgow and im quite glad as i drive a beemer and they dont bloomin drive in the snow! Rear wheel drive or sumthin - total pain in the back side.

Ive not heard of priestland only place i can think of that sounds like that is prestwick. Butlins was good but i remember we went to centre parks, not sure where it was but it was brilliant! Aye not sure about ian in the jungle either hes up then down then up then down a bit scatty that would be hard to live with.

Ive not had a patch on since took that one off yesterday mornin and im doing totally cool! Im just going to have a lazy duvet day heating on full blast  :) one week left of work then off for 18 days!!! Which reminds me ill need to say to the pharmacist tomorrow as i go to the pharma beside my work. Ill need to enquire if i can switch to one beside my home for a few weeks over xmas!
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03:58 pm »

West Midlands Snowman says no.....it's still snowing here....don't come here, it's horrible.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 03:41:24 pm »
Hi @Glasgowgal ,well i might have to manage without patches soon...it happened last time i used them, had to pack them in after nearly 4 weeks as every patch i had put on suddenly re-appeared over night and started itching, but didnt smoke again for 2 years though..I used to be very good driving rear wheel cars in snow and remember passing many front wheel drive cars with spinning front wheels getting nowhere. Yes @tea ,west midlands will not be getting their presents at the moment judging by pics on whats app.,,This was 4 hours ago, and its snowing big flakes now again, they said it stop at 1pm.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 04:51:43 pm »
All of the schools in the West Midlands are closed tomorrow. It's just kept snowing on and off all day. The footprints I made going shopping are mainly filled in again. Staffordshire and Shropshire have it worse. We've known it was coming for a week but they didn't even grit the A roads  009

Glasgowgal

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 07:06:27 pm »
Can you remember what it was like when you came off the patches last time @LAST CHANCE SALOON ? Apart from being less itchy! This is my longest quit to date so its all unchartered territory for me. But im doing fabby. Ive been a bit stressed this week and can honestly say i didnt want to have a fag. So another hurdle jumped  ;)
Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 08:45:35 pm »
Hi @Glasgowgal , yes i can remember stopping the patches after nearly 4 weeks, as i woke up itching in 25 different places and going mad and didn't put any more on. As there wasn't much planning in those days , they just dished them out in work, i thought that was that and found i didn't want a smoke any more...we had a leaving do 2 days after i stopped using the patches and everyone in the pub offered me a fag, we used to throw them to one another, and i just said i dont smoke, they were gobsmacked and it felt strange just saying it. I did have a minor wobble this morning, i was half asleep, reached for something on work top and nutted the cooker hood, then went to conservatory window to where i had my morning smoke, must have been on auto pilot..I realize i will be an ex smoker for ever now and will have to be on my guard for the rest of my days. It only took one cigar one very merry Christmas  at the legion when smokers and non smokers all bought a hamlet cigar, which i had never tried, and we all smoked them round the bar...one became 30..Ive been busy clearing snow and haven't had any trouble today...I do look forward to when the nrt finishes and are free of everything,i hope....Well the Christmas lights look good tonight.They say it will go down to -10 on monday and -12 on tuesday...A bit different in California as our niece sent a pic today of her garden thermometer at 88 degs F, and shes not far from the fires that have been raging for over a month. Not so bad here.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 02:17:04 am »
Hi @Glasgowgal ,I found that big elastic band we were talking about and am now following the tutorial with great interest.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Glasgowgal

Glasgowgal

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2018, 06:34:37 am »
Hahaha we use those bands in yoga no sliding seats though. How is your leg have you been using the band its harder than it looks eh. I watch our instructor do a move with it and im like easy then ye try it and it hurts! But its a kinda nice pain  ::)
Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2018, 10:00:19 am »
They are really good @Glasgowgal ,the bands are 4 inches wide so plenty of resistance and after I had used it for 12 months at the circuit you could see how much your leg muscles had improved. We did it on a chair.:)

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:05 pm »
I have a selection of these bands in different strengths. I found a video of all different exercises and they were so much fun.