Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Its a Miracle.  (Read 2667 times)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

Its a Miracle.
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:12:32 am »
Its day 15 so moved into week 3..Took dog to park (well its an old sand and gravel works with nice flat fields and ancient woods that McAlpines sold to our council for a pound..Walked 50 yards and slight twinge in leg but kept going and it just got easier until we had walked over a mile and no pain at all ,felt so good to be able to walk again and only 2 weeks off the fags. Ran upstairs yesterday to get something out of printer,  came back down and had left my glasses on the printer so back up again and found i wasn't out of breath at all..Left my patch off last night for first time and woke up nice and calm so starting to lower my nicotine. Haven't touched my spray mist this week either...Got 6 bottles of lozenges from chemist yesterday ,3 extra for good behavior, tried one but not the best mint taste ive ever had so i can see me doing very well with just the patches..Went shopping to asda yesterday and noticed i had'nt been though the self service tills for 2 weeks, it was every day, and my Scottish friend on there said, in her best Scottish accent , Were have you been ,i haven't seen you in 2 weeks, have you been ill...no i said, ive given up smoking...oh i she said, we'll see...she didnt seem convinced.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Glasgowgal

Glasgowgal

Re: Its a Miracle.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:26:17 am »
oh ho ho you're doing sooo good @LAST CHANCE SALOON .  Its pretty amazing feeling physical benefits so quickly isn't is - I didn't expect that!  So I am mighty chuffed and I bet you are too.  Keep up the walking if you can, every bit of exercise will give your lungs a wee work out and help them get better and will hopefully help your leg too.

Uch that's a pity you dont like the lozzys.  Maybe keep them on hand in case of emergency though i.e. a craving ?  Only other thing i can think of is the gum...but even I didn't like that...but hey might be worth a try.

You're going to surprise the Scottish lassie, I feel kinda chuffed (and a bit smug) when I see folk who doubt me and im like...yeah....still off them  006
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 10:29:57 am »
What a wonderful post @LAST CHANCE SALOON !!!  ;D

It really is the most amazing feeling isn't it? So lovely when all those horrid quitting moments are replaced by those fantastic positive benefits (and things really will only get better).

You'll show all those doubters- I absolutely know it- and this time next year you'll be relaxing in your Penthouse suite.  008 :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 10:54:23 am »
It's really nice to see such positive posts and people doing so well

Huge congratulations to you @LAST CHANCE SALOON   008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Enough42

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:33:24 pm »
Fantastic @LAST CHANCE SALOON and hope you have settled in to your room upgrade okay.  I bet it felt good to go through the self service check outs! And great that you are no longer breathless going up and down the stairs.  Our bath is at the top of our house (third floor) and that is where the kids are bathed so I'm often up and down the stairs numerous times but noticed my struggle breathing after the first time.  The other night I was up and down like 7 times while multitasking and didn't feel out of breath at all.....my quads on the other hand were burning!

I haven't used any NRT.  I've got those XXXX mints for sucking when I feel a crave coming on.  Not as strong as the old fishermans friends that have been spoken highly of by Tea but they work for me. You'll find your groove your own way I'm sure.
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 12:34:53 pm »
I do love a good miracle, but it's your hard work and persistence that are paying off @LAST CHANCE SALOON  so well done to you!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, LAST CHANCE SALOON

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:33:14 pm »
Hi all, many thanks, i feel like a non smoker already, dangerous i know at this stage..The mint was ok, i just thought it was a bit strong, ive got more nicotine in the house now than 2 packs of fags but don't seem to need any of them while the patch is on..Glad ive started to take the patch off over night and start coming off the nicotine, as ive got 2 angry red rashes on my arm where the patch have been ..Just been to see my old band mate and he said do you mind if i smoke. I said not a problem, it doesn't bother me, maybe because i smoked mini cigars with a different smell...Talking of smell ,i put my warm jacket on yesterday and a strong smell of smoke hit me, took it off and straight in washer, smells of flowers now its dry. Leg will get some extra exercise now with a great big elastic band they gave us at keep fit last year, works a treat..and all in 2 weeks...feels a lot longer though. Put 15 pound in pocket last thursday and its still there and 200 pound still in bank, but money was never the issue , it was Leg.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

Glasgowgal

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »
I feel like a non smoker too, its strange isnt it, and surprising. But also super cool and i hope the feeling last forever!!!

Hey i think this will be you in a few more weeks off the fags @LAST CHANCE SALOON hahaha

Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »
Hi GG , Well I don't think I ever could do that , but I can dream..Bingo night again, must be mad ,its freezing out there.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »
Heading out at this time its almost bed time hahaha well good luck. Is your wives scooter all tickityboo now?

Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:15 pm »
Oh goodness, it was bad enough on my way back from work. I'm putting an extra blanket over my lap in sympathy for you.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 11:58:18 pm »
It wasn't that cold outside as the legion is only down the road, i think it was warmer in there than our house...No GG, wife still got no scooter and stayed at home in the warm...made a start on controller today and hope to find the fault tomorrow ,if its the transistor i think im going to have to get it off the net. Nice having a natter with everyone in legion tonight instead of standing outside in the cold.Its a new life.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »
Nice to see we're back on the air..Well its now day 24, time usually fly's for me but the quit time seems to go so slowly, now i see people having anniversary's of 1 year and 4 years seems a life time away..Still having a fairly good time of it, except the patches are becoming a problem on my arms with nasty red patches which i swear are hotter than the rest of me and i want to scratch them the bone so i've put it on my hip today to give my arms a rest..They are so good i cant do without them , so no pain no gain. Bit of a shock this morning as i was looking for a voucher we bought but couldn't find it, so looked in the pocket on the side of wife's chair and pulled out a tin of cigars, i had told her to hide them and only give me one if it looked likely i was going to throttle her..Looked inside and saw the last 3 cigars i never finished, but only for 3 seconds as the last cig i had is set in stone and will never alter, so put them straight back...couldn't do that 3 weeks ago. My old workmate text me to say he has moved to Ayrshire in September and 2 years on he is still off the fags, he used nicotine gum, we used to say hes on 30 a day now, he chewed non stop for 12 hours. Hope everybody is still on the wagon, even if its only got 3 wheels...Gota play catch up on jungle.

Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 10:34:39 pm »
Sounds good @LAST CHANCE SALOON but maybe you should get rid of the cigars? Ive never smoked a cigar but i read something ludicrous like 1 cigar is like equivalent to 50 fags or something!!! Thats mad. But i know you canny have fags in the house so id maybe get rid of the cigars.

Im doing good but usual hungover today. And guess what i woke up with....my patch still on!! I never ever sleep with the patch on. And it was red and itchy! Stick it out and hey maybe when they lower the mg it will be less irritating.

Jungle was good defo Toff to win for me. Do you know where in Ayrshire your pal is ive got good pals in cumnock but ayrshire is a big place eh.
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 10:36:28 pm »
You're getting closer to 4 weeks smoke free now. Blooming well done on putting that tin back. We have heavy snow coming tomorrow.....