Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: I'm late I'm late for a very important date!  (Read 2824 times)

Enough42

Re: I'm late I'm late for a very important date!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 05:11:48 pm »
I have to say though that there has been serious temptation to light up just to mask the smell of dog poo!! (Goes to toilet to vomit). It is seriously outrageously disgusting. I am slowly getting her onto a different dog food which should hopefully fix that problem.  On a brighter note it has now been over 48 hours since I have had to do any cleaning up inside of said disgusting dog poo. We are getting there!!
Kicked It on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 at 9am

Glasgowgal

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:43 pm »
The old lay the floor in newspapers and gradually make the area smaller, ending up with a small pile at front or back door....that technique always worked very well for us to toilet train pups.  But we had wooden floors back then, now im a carpet girl  :) might be trickier on carpet.

I want a puppy!!!! Can we do a swap, you take my old lazy cat and young feral like cat  ;D
Quit Date 6/11/17

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 04:28:15 pm »
Just AWWWWWWWWW.......  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

And Well Done That Woman @Enough42 !!  ;D 008 :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Enough42

Enough42

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 06:25:51 pm »
Just AWWWWWWWWW.......  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

And Well Done That Woman @Enough42 !!  ;D 008 :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Thanks @Skiddaw perfect timing to read your message as I feel like I'm having a bit of a tough afternoon.  I'm just so darn cranky ALL THE TIME. It's like I've got nothing to look forward to in life at times. now I know that's not true and it's Mr Nic trying to edge his way back in but it does really upset me to see myself being frankly horrible to my kids and hubby at times. Complete lack of patience or sense of humour.  Where have I gone? And more importantly when will I come back? I don't like this me.......

Glasgowgal

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 06:46:14 pm »
Aww enough, why dont you have a wine? that would chill you out a bit. Im sure hubby will cut you some slack since you are quitting and the kids too. Maybe just say to them all that you might be a bit crabbit but its just because your not smoking. I bet ur kids and hubby hated the smoking so grumpy mum is a small price to pay. And im sure youre not grumpy all the time!

I read a brilliant post from wee me and she was talking about being in the supermarket with hubby and kids and saying what do you want for dinner. And they all kept saying i dont know. And she almost ran to the kiosk and bought fags but she didnt! Its a funny and brilliant post. Its further up the rooms. Maybe read through the forum? I love reading the stories and im sure it helps me.

Maybe you need to tinker with your nrt? Maybe you need more nicotine enough.

Keep posting and sharing how you are feeling. It will get better i promise xx
Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Enough42

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »
Tomorrow is another day and Xmas is just around the corner @Enough42  there will be good days and bad days which is why this quitting lark is so damn difficult, but trust me when I say quitting is so well worth it, both for you and your family.

As long as you know and your family understand just why you are a tad grumpy it will be fine and the grumpiness doesn't last forever, if it did Mrs KK would have killed me by now.

It does get easier as time goes by, it may not seem it, but it does.

In terms of quitting, you are doing great, you have the admiration and support of everybody on this forum and we are all here to help you as much as we can.

Trust me, these guys here will not let you down.

KK ;) 
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Sally

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 08:38:51 pm »
Aww, sorry to hear you've had a rubbish afternoon.  This will pass, and very soon there will be more good days than bad. Make sure there is a treat for every little milestone even if it is just making it through the day, doesn't have to be expensive.  Give Puppy McPupFace a cuddle, have that glass of wine Glasgowgal suggested.  Be kind to yourself, quitting isn't easy and you're doing brilliantly.  Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Enough42

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 09:31:08 pm »
Oh gosh thanks guys. I disappeared into the land of most of a bottle of Soave, Strictly Come Dancing and Michael McIntyre's Big Show which was brilliant therapy.  Still have that dark cloud hovering but hope that a good night's sleep will shift it.  xx

Glasgowgal

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 09:49:06 pm »
A nights sleep will shift it. But i suggest you watch the jungle, it is a tonic, always funny.

But anyways, welldone getting through a wobble, its amazing. Ive not had a serious wobble but it really helps and prepares me hearing about it.
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 11:07:22 pm »
Michael McIntyre could turn up in your bedroom in the middle of the night to ask you quiz questions!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)