Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 5  (Read 2424 times)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Day 5
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 01:53:43 pm »
Oooh how exciting @Enough42 ! Pics when poss please....  ;D

I can't tell you how lovely it is to follow you three on your respective journeys. @Glasgowgal , @Enough42 and @LAST CHANCE SALOON  thanks SO much for letting us all come along for the ride.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

Glasgowgal

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 01:54:12 pm »
....right off for a smoke...

hahahaha last chance that made me laugh out loud  ;D
Quit Date 6/11/17

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:40 pm »
Well its day six...thanks to everyone taking an interest in me, and keep stalking me as i need all the help i can get..its great having a forum to read comments which we didnt have in the past or people we can go to every week that takes an interest..well another funny day, i didnt have this trouble last time..went for second session with alex and hand  started shaking,and shes not that scarry. She said by blood sugar was low because of the effect of the nicotine and to go and get a mars bar when i went to chemist..Anyway got my carbon checked and she said she would give me a gold star if she had one,down from 29 last week to 2 this week,yeaaa...Got back to car and shaking all over, if ever i needed a smoke it was now except i didnt have any,checked patch and it was like a bubble,not touching skin so took 2 sprays of mist(max) and had to wait 10 minutes before i could drive..got to chemist and bought medical tape, like sticky paper and stuck it over patch, all good now,worried that i still need that much nicotine though.Glad everyone is so positive, its not easy...I know im an addict but i dont mugg old ladys to get smokes or walk around town like a zombie...ive made a note of my last smoke and hope it is the last.,Im loving not driving to asda every morning for cheaper smokes than local shop...hey it jungle time...Roll on tomorrow.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Glasgowgal

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »
Well its jungle time last chance how funny was Amir KhanT last night  006
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »
What happens at jungle time?

She was right about your blood sugar being affected by nicotine changes; your blood sugar can drop fast so having some extra strong mints or a bit of cranberry juice can pep you up. That's why thinking about your sugar comes first on my list of things to check if you think you're having a craving, are you:-

Hungry
Angry
Lonely or
Tired

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2017, 09:13:25 pm »
Well its jungle time last chance how funny was Amir KhanT last night  006

Duh, "Jungle Time"....I am so dim sometimes. I thought it was going to be like 'Panda Time - because he eats, shoots and leaves" or like time to weed the garden..... :-[
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:09 pm »
Hey just thought i dont need that bloody new years resolution this year,were already on it.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2017, 11:03:55 pm »
And that's something to celebrate right there LCS, when other smokers are going through hell on January 1st, trying to deal with a hangover AND their first smoke free day, you will be sitting pretty, having already got a fair stretch of time under your belt - how fab will that be?!

As to patch issues, I know a lot of folk had issues getting the blasted things to stay attached.  Micropore tape will help, and some areas of the body are better than others - I know some ladies found it easier to keep on if they put it on under their bras!

As for the shakes, this quitting malarkey throws our bodies into meltdown so just work your way through the upheaval and hang on tight to your quit.  As our Tea says, there's a good reason why the HALT checklist (am I Hungry/Angry/Lonely/Tired) is useful - sometimes we're so focussed on getting through the next hour we suddenly realise we haven't eaten!  Another one that I got caught out by is getting dehydrated - I was so worried about the cuppa-and-a-smoke trigger I simply wasn't drinking enough!

Your system will settle down in a while, but in the meantime just do what you can to help ease your body through this process.
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 12:25:07 am »
ok kat73, the wife says i can gladly borrow a bra if it helps but only untill i quit..Getting used to not smoking now..Meeting my brother and his wife tomorrow from birmingham ,we meet at a garden centre half way between our houses...after lunch the girls do some shopping and we go outside for some fresh air or 2...il still go with him to keep him company but keep upwind.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 09:01:44 am »
Hey @LAST CHANCE SALOON  I got over the blood sugar levels dropping by topping up with a drop of the red stuff  008 and just told Mrs KK that it was all in a good cause to help me quit  ;D

As for the bra thingy, I could lend you one of mine, but judging by all weight I've put on I may still need them ;D

I found the patches did move around a bit, but if you shave the area's where you put the patches on they do tend to stick better, or as others have said, try "micropore"

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 03:15:52 pm »
Well its day 7 and feeling fine, hope everybody else is the same..i think i could still murder a smoke, but so could my brother who gave up 30 years ago..Went to see my old band mate today where we usually get through a few smokes,he asked if it was ok for him to smoke and i said go ahead, didnt bother me at all....Well Phil Hammond can do what he likes with fags today hes getting no more V.A.T out of me.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »
Doing good @LAST CHANCE SALOON doing very good indeed  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Sally

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 04:35:16 pm »
A very belated welcome from me and well done on your quit so far @LAST CHANCE SALOON.

I never got on with patches, lozenges definitely worked for me.  But if the patches and misty spray thing are working for you I'd stick with that unless you are struggling.

I do like watching I'm a Celeb, how great to see Ant and Dec back together. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges