Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Disappointed with the pharmacy - lack of support  (Read 2047 times)

Nick_82

Re: Disappointed with the pharmacy - lack of support
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 09:45:21 pm »
Great, I hope they are more helpful this time. 12 weeks is pretty amazing, 12 months here you come!

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 09:47:40 pm »
Iv'e been discharged from no smoking wales but been given another 6 week prescription which is with the pharmacy. She said I could go back to the quit team today If I wanted and check my carbon level but I completely forgot, but they are at the doctors every Tuesday so might go next week, I might text her first.. I didn't take the patches last week only the lozenges, but now i've got 3 boxes but have only taken 3 tablets, I keep forgetting. Yes up from 2 to 3 last week @Glasgowgal , but Alexia (quit adviser) had a go and she blew a 3 ,so said that is as low as we will go as its fine...my first blow was 29 remember. Yer virtual gold star, ha. There's another box of lozenges at the pharmacy this Thursday , but might make it the last. I wanted to do the full 12 week patch thing this time, but again they kicked me into touch after nearly 4 weeks, but the 1mg lozenge is ok, and a 6mg vape first thing keeps me going. Really don't think about smoking through the day now, but early days. Do you have quit teams in Scotland @Glasgowgal .Yer use everything you can get @Nick_82 ,and make this your last quit ever, as GG says anything is better than fags, and I've just watched the lastest no smoking ad, and don't want to be part of it anymore.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Nick_82, Glasgowgal

Glasgowgal

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 09:59:48 pm »
Aye ive used the smoking cessation nurses twice before which is a service offered by nhs scotland and you get really good support from the nurses but also get to meet other quitters which i liked. But this time round was a rash decision to quit so just went to pharmacist spontaneously. Ive did the pharma support before and its not a patch on the quit teams. But hey cant complain too much this is my best quit ever and is my forever quit  :)

Quit Date 6/11/17

The following users thanked this post: LAST CHANCE SALOON

LAST CHANCE SALOON

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 10:23:16 pm »
ok GG, just wondered, but your never going back to smoking , you smell so much better, so won't  need them again, at the end of the day only you can stop you smoking, but a bit of encouragement goes a long way.
Quit 16th November 2017.
Last smoke 21st November 2017.
Trigger word...LEG.

The following users thanked this post: Glasgowgal