Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: New member day 1  (Read 888 times)

Glasgowgal

New member day 1
« on: November 06, 2017, 10:19:38 pm »
Hi everyone,
New member here. I reckon this is my 7th attempt. Ive tried the patches, gum, champix, the classes, vaping.
This time round im on the patches and lozenges with weekly support from pharmacy. Feel motivated and so far so good.
Well apart from i went swimming after work and my patch fell off! That was a pain. It says in the small print you can swim with the patches on! Not true.
So i think i will just put my new patch on every evening after exercising.
Wish me luck! My problem is normally complacency....im finding the quit ok so start to think oh i can just have one packet. But i know one packet and i am back on a packet a day.
I will keep you all updated.
GG
Quit Date 6/11/17

tea

• Administrator
Re: New member day 1
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:34 pm »
Lucky number 7!! I did not know that the patches were theoretically swimming proof, but I do remember a couple of people having issues with their stickiness or lack thereof. I do think @Indigo Warrior will have a catch phrase that will suit you.  ;D

I know that everybody will pop in to wish you the best of luck and cheer you on.

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 12:02:01 am »
Hello @Glasgowgal  Welcome to the forum from me. 

I do hope this will be your last and forever quit.  You can do this, believe me. There are so many people here who have managed to quit. We will all do whatever we can, to help you on your journey.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:05 am »
Hi @Glasgowgal  and welcome to the forum.

Patches are a very good way to "help" you quit but as I know only to well can somehow end up in all sorts of places by the end of the day lol.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish and somebody will soon come along and give you some help and advice.

It also helps to have a bloody good rant and moan at times just to get it out of your system and trust me, you will feel better afterwards.

Take care

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

markmcclean1980

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 07:59:13 am »
Welcome to the forum @Glasgowgal and well done on keeping at it.  Like you, and most people here, I am on quit number x.  The important thing is to learn from any past tries and make this your forever quit.  This is a very friendly and supportive group of people here who will offer advice, listen to any rants and just be there when you need help.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:56:16 am »
A big fat WELCOME to the forum from me too, @Glasgowgal  ;D

Firstly, congratulations on your quit. You're doing fantastically and I am sure all the things you learned from your previous quits will stand you in good stead for making this the Final Quit.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Re the patches- I quit with patches (and lozenges) too and I found that the patches varied- some makes seemed to stick better than others (and it also depended on what part of my anatomy I stuck them too  :)). I think you're probably best not applying them until after your swim. I think they're waterproof to an extent (they'll generally cope with a bath or shower) but I doubt they'd stand up to a full swim session.

Good luck with it and do please stick (no pun intended!  :D) around and let us know how it's all going.
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:43 pm »
@Glasgowgal taking that one step beyond as you step into your future leaving that nicotine monster behind. You have already achieved your first hour, your first half day and first day so how amazing are you.

Just keep going; just keep going and remember there is always someone around to give a pep talk or a pat on the back. We've all been there and we know how hard it can be.

Savoir those moments as you beat that monster into submission. kk
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Sally

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 07:59:26 pm »
Welcome from me too and well done on your new quit.  Doesn't matter what number quit it is, what matters is you're not smoking today.  This is a great place, we'll give you a helping hand if you need it and celebrate the milestones along the way, we do like a party! Hope you've had a good Day One, let us know how you're getting on. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges