Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Good to bad :((  (Read 144 times)

Missy J

Good to bad :((
« on: October 11, 2017, 09:06:08 pm »
So today I reach day 3 I felt so good until about 5 mins ago when the OH just gave up his quit and has now gone to get a smoke! I don't want one but for some reason the tears won't stop :(( trying to pull myself together and finish the day with a smile

tea

• Administrator
Re: Good to bad :((
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:52:32 pm »
Oh @Missy J, you poor thing. Try to stay strong. It's very difficult I know.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:06:25 pm »
I went to make you a cup of tea.

The following users thanked this post: Missy J

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 11:13:55 pm »
Bless you @Missy J, it's really hard to keep going when someone you quit with decides to fall off the wagon  :(

I had a quit buddy (actually an online forum quit buddy, not someone in real life) who kept caving in and I cried buckets every time so I'm sure the impact when it's someone close to you is immense.

The choice is entirely yours hon, I know a couple who never could quit as they'd always do it together and would take it in turns for it to be their fault that they were smoking again (since they split up the chap has quit smoking but I'm no longer in touch with the woman so don't know if she's finally managed it).  Sometimes it's actually easier to do it on your own as you're not each looking to see if the other is going to provide the necessary reason/excuse/however you prefer to view it to get back to smoking.  At the end of the day only you can decide what's right for you.  I have no idea how a person who has an OH still smoking manages (as I mentioned on another thread I know both @Finally! and @hellerscatch did it) so I can't really advise you.

The only thing I can say, without doubt, is that Day 3 is known to be a beast and many a quit has faltered on its rocky shores.  It really is a toughie and if we could magically transport you into tomorrow we would.  Just know that you ARE winning, you CAN do this and we're here for you  :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:47 am »
@Missy J  Missy J Missy J please let us know how you are doing.

If you have lost your quit, please do not be ashamed, if on the other hand you are still quit be very proud.

Either way, we are here for you to either help you start a new quit when it's right for you and that could be weeks or months away or we are here for you to help you maintain your quit.

We do not judge people, so many people have fail more than once (yep that would be me) and then found the quit that has worked, it's not easy, nobody said it would be, but it is doable.

The aim of this forum is to help people quit and then to help them maintain their quit, so if you need to have a bloody good rant and trust me, most of us have from time to time, please do and yes it does help.

You take care, be as naughty as you want and enjoy life to the full  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 10:38:53 am »
Exactly what @KitKat said @Missy J ... :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope you're still on the quit wagon but if not it isn't the end of the world- just a step on the road to the Final Quit. And this is YOUR journey remember- not your OH's journey or, indeed, anyone else.
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Missy J

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:06 pm »
Day 4 and still staying strong! :)  Thanks so much guys you lot are a lovely bunch!  I read your messages this morning and started blubbing again (didn't get a chance to thank you all then, school runs and all that) Crazy how this awful drug can affect us I am so emotional!  So the OH only had a smoke with a friend and didn't bring any home, so was glad of that! To be honest if he starts again that's his choice, I really really want to do this so will try my hardest to succeed!  It's not easy but I am feeling proud of myself I just gotta keep going day by day, who knows what's around the corner but today I am still a non smoker, yippee!  I will keep posting as you lot really are helping, thankyou!

The following users thanked this post: tea, Kat73, Skiddaw

una-g

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 01:55:33 pm »
@Missy J , you are one strong lady just keep on thinking the way you are. You are in charge of your own quit and doing very well. I remember feeling very emotional indeed at the start of my quit ...I think all of us can relate to that. Great example for your kids to have a non smoking Mummy, and OH is clearly aware that he should support you by not smoking at home. Best of luck x  008

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 02:05:15 pm »
Well @Missy J you are a little hero  :foundbeer:

It was nice that your OH thought enough about you not to bring any home, so well done to him as well.

So, moving on to day 4, it will soon be a week, then a month.

But in the meantime this is for you my dear Missy  008

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ</a>
https://youtu.be/0IA3ZvCkRkQ
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 02:40:21 pm »
Great to see you are still with us and thanks for posting to let us know how you were going.  :)

I remember being very angry early in my quit and then lots of tears later ;)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
Oh I am pleased for you and full of proud for you!!     kk

Titch

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 04:36:05 pm »
Well done @Missy J

Just keeping taking it one day at a time, or one hour at a time if you have to. Remember there's absolutely nothing to gain by smoking but there is so much to gain by not smoking.   
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 05:07:36 pm »
Exactly what @tea said....  :hug: :hug: :hug:

You're a star our @Missy J and no mistake.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Max414

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 11:12:12 am »
Great to have you aboard Missy J  :hug:
Nowhere better on the 'net to get the support you need to ditch the baccy for good x
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

AndrewG

• Cutting out The Silk
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »
Your doing great @Missy J. Take a day a time and you can do it.
Best wishes  008
"Some people believe quitting smoking is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
Last smoke 07/11/14 8pm