Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: I'm here!  (Read 189 times)

bubbielau

I'm here!
« on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:41 am »
So I'm now on day 3.

I had a little nosy around on here yesterday, and have now downloaded an app, so I now know I've saved £26 (spent more than that on cake & crisps) and have "avoided" 47 cigs.  I like to see my progress like that, I think I'll keep the app!

So last night I went for a drink (or 5).  I know it sounds a bit mad, but I really wanted one, and I wanted to get it out the way.  I had 5 drinks, had a craving that really lasted about 5 hours, ate too much pizza and cake and went to sleep. 

On the positive I woke up feeling on top of the world!!!  I do like that part of quitting.  Whenever I've quit for more than a few days I stop feeling tired and wake up full of the joys.

I also weighed myself this morning, and seem to have put on 5lb since i quit, which is a bit scarey in 2 days, so I'm definatley going to have to get that under control next week!

Still not quite sure how I got here, but I'm feeling good about it!  I had planned to quit on monday, but then I felt rough so I caved mid morning and planned to quit on Tuesday instead, felt rough then too, so I gave up.  Didn't actually plan to quit on Wednesday, just thought I'd wait until lunch to buy any to try and cut down a bit and then decided on a whim at lunch that i was now quitting. I'm torn because i feel like i was deprived of enjoying my last cigerette cause i didn't know it was my last, but I'm pleased i made it this far, so I definatley want to keep going for a bit!

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: I'm here!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:54 am »
Congratulations on reaching 3 days  :D  Some people put the saved money in a jar so they can see it grow.  I saved the cash, until it got too large a savings to keep the money at home any more :foundbeer:

Don't forget to reward yourself as you progress with your quit.  You have to reward yourself, no matter how small,  you deserve it :)

The following users thanked this post: bubbielau

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 10:52:35 am »
@bubbielau   008 008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

The following users thanked this post: bubbielau

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:10:31 am »
I quit in rather a similar fashion @bubbielau. I'd intended to do the old Jan 1st routine but due to a bad cold/sinus infection early in the preceding December I had a day when I just couldn't smoke because it hurt too much. When I reached the end of the day I thought I might as well keep going for another day and it all went from there.

Hurrah for you!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: And don't worry about the weight gain- you can deal with that later. My advice is don't weigh yourself for at least a month.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

bubbielau

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 12:05:23 pm »
OMG I hate to think how much I'd put on in a month if I did 5lb in 2 days!!!

Maybe I need to get myself addicted to the gym or something instead of cigs!

Titch

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:16:26 pm »

I'm torn because i feel like i was deprived of enjoying my last cigerette cause i didn't know it was my last, but I'm pleased i made it this far, so I definatley want to keep going for a bit!

Instead of feeling deprived be proud of yourself that you didnt have to endure that revolting last cancer stick.

Massive congratulations on reaching day 3.  Nearly haflway through the first week.  How good is that.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 01:50:31 pm »
It's like snakes and ladders, you can go up the ladder each day but you don't want to go down a snake to Day 1 so keep going up and up and up.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 10:40:17 am »
OMG I hate to think how much I'd put on in a month if I did 5lb in 2 days!!!

Maybe I need to get myself addicted to the gym or something instead of cigs!

I took up running @bubbielau. It was brilliant for getting through the craves and I ended up losing three stone. I ran a half-marathon the year after quitting...  :) 010
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 12:38:42 pm »
How are you doing @bubbielau?  Drop in and bring us up to speed when you can
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13