Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: It Seems Quiet around here?  (Read 323 times)

bubbielau

It Seems Quiet around here?
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:00:52 am »
Hi,

I'm on day 2, Didn't smoke all day yesterday.  I quit because I can't keep being skint and getting into debt to smoke - It's stupid.  Although i think i spent more than £10 on crisps to distract myself yesterday!

I've done all this before, and got a fair way through, then the little buggers crept back in, so I'm back to the begining.

The most succesful time I quit before i used this forum and found it great, so I thought i'd pop back on, I can see some familiar names,  but it seems really quiet?  How is everyone?

Laura

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: It Seems Quiet around here?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 11:16:27 am »
Hi

Yes, it has been pretty quiet lately, but even if we only have one successful quitter....it's a win ;D

I think you will see all the old timers are still here  ;)

Good luck this time and hopefully this will be your forever quit.  We know it can be done and you do too.

The following users thanked this post: bubbielau

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37:56 am »
Welcome back @bubbielau  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I shall be cheering you on. I'm sure this time you'll be galloping through the Penthouse gates.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 12:21:11 pm »
Ah, you know me....only quiet until someone comes out to play.  Always happy to see people back and quitting though and I will always pop up when you post.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »
I think we're all still getting back into the summer-is-over-time-to-get-back-to-normal routine.

Nice to see you, well done for getting through that first day, it's a biggie!
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Titch

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 02:02:28 pm »
Hello @bubbielau Well done on getting through day one and now well on your way to getting through day two.  This forum is definitely the best place to be to offer help, advice, encouragement and plenty of laughter along the way.    Are you using anything other than the crisps to help you?
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

bubbielau

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 03:34:12 pm »
Cake!    :D

Cold turkey for me - I've had some odd reactions to NRT in the distant past, so have done cold turkey for the last few and have actually found it better (I think it being harder makes it easier - kind of like the pain spurs me on????)

I've decided I can eat whatever I want for the first 3 days, then have to behave cause I'm fat enough already!

TBH its not the quitting I find hard, its the staying quit!  A few years ago I did 3 months, and then smoked only a few times for another year.  Since then I've quit loads of times, but never lasted more than a week or so.

I really struggle with the never again bit, so I'm trying for the month and then we'll see!

Titch

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 03:44:53 pm »

I really struggle with the never again bit, so I'm trying for the month and then we'll see!

Never ever think of the never ever bit.  Just focus on "I will not smoke today".  You can worry about tomorrow another day.   ???
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 05:14:07 pm »
Just as our  @Titch so wisely says. It was that part of it I could never get my head around. I would have loved to have been a bear or a dormouse or some other hibernating animal, and woken up 6 months or so down the line when the worst was over. In lieu of that, just try to focus on the day (or the hour or the minute) because if you can do that, you'll be amazed how quickly time starts to pass (and before you know it, Day One will be but a distant memory). Good luck @bubbielau - I just know you can do this.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 07:22:59 pm »
I had a mental image of Dory from finding Nemo, "Just keep going, just keep going."  It really helped me and posting on here every five minutes during my early days, sorry guys, but their support was amazing and I am now over two years off.

Always wait until you have had at least three responses to a request before succumbing to the nicotine monster.

Well done so far. :)  006
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 07:31:21 pm »
Hi @bubbielau  and a big welcome from me.

Now, there is nothing like a party with  008 and some  007 and maybe a bit of kk so when you complete your month we will have have a party to celebrate, cos you will deserve it and we so like to party  008

See you in month one  :hug:

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 08:04:16 pm »
I had a mental image of Dory from finding Nemo, "Just keep going, just keep going."  It really helped me and posting on here every five minutes during my early days, sorry guys, but their support was amazing and I am now over two years off.

Always wait until you have had at least three responses to a request before succumbing to the nicotine monster.

Well done so far. :)  006

Never apologise for posting regularly. I truly believe that it is one of the top things that successful quitters have in common. Plus, I really like reading them.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 05:51:48 pm »
^^^what she said!^^^
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13