Kitkat has been kicking the butts for 1 whole year!! Party in the Penthouse!! Be good and play nicely xx

Author Topic: Still going  (Read 2450 times)

Eeyore_mad

Still going
« on: April 28, 2015, 07:38:02 am »
One more day and I get to move into my new rooms, but I have to admit if it wasn't for my vapour I think I would have crumbled the pressure although im trying not to use it too much but it  is just so annoying of waiting never been a patient girl and the voice shouting stuff it seems deafening.

Half of me is disappointed as its spoiling my quit I don't want to inhale anything but the other half knows it's the only thing stopping me buying some tobacco so in a way it's good and hopefully once all this is over I will find the strength to kick nicotine's butt well and truly as I wanted to do cold turkey but just couldn't handle it.

But my app says I've not smoked 385.60 cigarettes (well roll ups) seriously that's a huge amount so I'm looking at that thinking one will lead to that and that sounds seriously bad and disgusting never considered the running total and tbh it's shocking anyhow sun is out and I'm still fighting another day so on that note wish you all a merry tuesday :-D

tea

• Administrator
Re: Still going
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 07:46:49 am »
Merry Tuesday. It may not be going as per the original plan, but you are still going to achieve your goal if you keep going. One of the people I really look up to has done over 300 days and life has chucked a lot of stuff at her, but she used her NRT for as long as she needed it and then she overcame that hurdle when she was ready and I kvell when I think of how well she is doing and how soon she will be heralded in the penthouse.

I hope you have a good day with lots of sunshine. xx
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

Debbie

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:54:51 am »
Well done honey. You get a massive high from me for continuing to fight. X

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 08:04:48 am »
Absolutely. And as someone (I forget who) said some time back, the destination is the same no matter what route the journey takes. In fact, I think your (extremely sensible) decision to adapt your plan to circumstance is far more likely to bear fruit ( :foundbeer: :foundbeer:) than trying (and failing) to stick to Plan A no matter what would have done.

You're doing FANTASTICALLY well, Eeyore, and we're all really, really proud of you. May today be a good day for you.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 08:17:23 am »
You keep fighting and you are doing really well. Don't forget to reward yourself as you go though

TG

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:07 am »
Eyore_mad you need to start given yourself some pats on your back or get someone else to, because you so deserve it. You just keep doing what you are doing and keep sharing your story with us! As you are inspiring me and I would think load more as you are fighting this. It will be worth it in the end, the freedom you will feel from breaking free from this stupid habit is amazing xxx  :ninja: :hug:

Kat73

• Administrator
Still going
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 02:30:31 pm »
You're doing great hon, soon be in to Week 3!  Ok, so it's not how you wanted it to be, but it's still better than the tobacco and you can at least reduce the nicotine content when you want to. 

From what I can gather, e-cigs (or vaporisers or whatever else yours may be called) can work just fine for people who use them purely as an aid to quit smoking with the end aim of not inhaling anything at all.  The issue seems to be that people who quite simply swap their cigarettes for one and use it just as often as they would have smoked without trying to restrict their use end up having exchanged one addiction for another - they are no longer smoking tobacco so the harmful tar and other chemicals are no longer an issue but they remain addicted to both the nicotine and the habit.

The fact that you are trying not to use it too much should protect you from becoming too reliant on it so please don't beat yourself up about it, you're nearly three weeks' free from fags and I have no doubt you'll be tackling the e-cig just as soon as you feel able.

Keep on trucking petal, you ARE winning!
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Netty

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 03:07:21 pm »
Hi, you keep fighting, it will be so worth it in in the end.
The freedom of freeing yourself of the addiction is so life changing  :D
Stay strong and keep posting
Quit 1.8.2012
Smoked for 36 years