Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Dipping my toe into week 3  (Read 2908 times)

Wee me :)

• Stop date.. 1st August 2017 ...
Dipping my toe into week 3
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:58:05 am »
21 days today  006 Yay way to go me  006 006
Can't believe I've actually got this far without giving in again as I've  done so many times in the past. I have been struggling  last 4/5 days with the not so wee demon voice making me feel like nicotine was my very, very best pal who was always there for me  no matter what and I'll be honest I was starting to teeter on the edge starting to come round to idea of "just one pack" just to prove I can take it or leave it. This morn I woke up at half 4 /5 ish same as I've been doing since a few days into my quit now but instead of flip flopping on bed and checking my clock every 5 mins to see if it's nearly time for alarm to go off I lay there thinking about making it this far and that's when I realised over last few days the demon voice has been getting louder and stronger and the shocker was I was letting it, it has been sneaking up a under my guard a wee bit at a time and really doing a number on me and I was accepting it. Well no more, its been caught and whacked to the back of the bus where it will stay until it gets kicked off.  So now for today my voice is louder than its again and I feel stronger, so come on Karen you can do this, you ARE doing this..  006

Re: Dipping my toe into week 3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:06:01 am »
Duh.. should have said dipping toe into week 4.. was up Soooooo early this morning having an epiphany..haha 005 006

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 10:23:50 am »
Well getting to week four is better than getting to week 3 ;D  I remember having a cig  ' just to prove to myself that I could'  What a stupid move that was 009  I am talking many many years ago though :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:24:37 am by Lostie »

The following users thanked this post: Wee me :)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 11:10:41 am »
I have taken the liberty of moving you into your new room in Week 4 as you have earned it.

You are doing it and if you can get through this week then the stats tell us that you have odds of going all the way.

So whack that voice harder and laugh in his face; you're already doing it so all you have to do is keep going!!

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Max414

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 12:27:09 pm »
Congrats Karen on a magnificent 3 weeks!  :nobeer:
WE all were where you are now- we all inched our way to one day,a week,3 weeks,3 months then 6 and a year  :hug:
And then it all just works by itself,I never even think about smoking now-it is as if I never smoked  :foundbeer:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 01:04:54 pm »
GO THAT GIRL!!! :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 01:30:30 pm »
Oh I've done that  many times @Lostie. I remember one time after the 'just one' I started sneaking a puff when taking the dogs for walk and telling myself 'I wasn't really smoking' really stupid as I was only kidding myself on ..

Thanks @tea once I realised, I tried to delete it so I could re post but couldn't see anywhere I could do that and oh yes I intent to keep whacking that voice with all my might ;D

Hi @Max414  thanks I'm so pleased with myself for getting this far  :D I'm not really a big talker but when I'm
struggling sometimes just reading through some posts and realising I'm normal to feel like that or to hear that wee voice and there is light at the end of the tunnel is enough to give me that wee push I need to keep going through the bad days.  006

Thank you @Skiddaw  been a long time since I celebrated a 21st..haha 008

Titch

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 02:44:43 pm »
So pleased to see you in week 4 @Wee me :)

You keep whaking and thwaking and smacking that pesky voice on your shoulder trying to lure you back in.  With every whack you give it you grow stronger and the demon grows weaker.

Getting those first 3 weeks out of the way definitely warrants a treat for yourself.  Do you have anything planned.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 03:40:05 pm »
Thank you @Titch and I will. ;D

No treat planned but I have been buying myself lots of wee treats along the way, things that I wouldn't normally spend the money on but would quite happily spend it on puffs instead. For instance I've had my eye on a lovely toasty in Costa for ages but I normally got a large coffee to go so I could puff away to my hearts content outside. A few days ago I went, sat in and ordered my toasty and oh my goodness it was devine  006

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Titch

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 03:43:57 pm »
Thats a lovely thing to do @Wee me :)   Glad you enjoyed it.

All the pennies add up.  I have an app on my phone which I set on the day I had my last ever puff. 

Just looked at it now and apparently I have saved a staggering ............... £14903.08
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 06:33:12 pm »
@Wee me :) , love the postie about the toasty!  ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 06:47:47 pm »
Hurrah for coffee! I will never give up on coffee!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2017, 08:31:44 am »
I started rewarding myself with a bunch of flowers every couple of weeks. Just from the supermarket.  I still buy myself some every now and then. :)

I then went on to bigger and better rewards  007 007

Max414

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:47 am »
I started rewarding myself with a bunch of flowers every couple of weeks. Just from the supermarket.  I still buy myself some every now and then. :)

How sweet is that !!!!!  :hug: :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2017, 10:25:49 am »

How sweet is that !!!!!  :hug: :hug:

Awwww yeah really sweet :D  :)

I must do that at some point in future. At mo I wouldn't thank myself for flowers.  I'm focused on things to eat and drink  005  as I would happily pay for a packet of puffs but would say "I'm not paying that" for a tasty toasty, fancy coffee, dynamite doughnut or a lovely bottle wine!! 008  006