Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day three  (Read 190 times)

Nicky40

Day three
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:23:20 am »
 So start of day three.  Feeling ok this morning.

I suppose it helps that I never actually went back to smoking 20 a day.  Since last July I have smoked between 5-15 per day, some days I missed out the morning one, after lunch one or before bed one as I was always planning to quit again and didn't want to have those awful habit ones at particular times.  Also if I ever ran out I just bought more the next day, there was no rushing to the shop in a panic.

I actually had my last one on Saturday afternoon then went out in the evening for drinks (pre-planned, would have got out of it if I could have as drinking does not help quit) with family, all non smokers which was good.

I'm using a stats app on my phone again, I think they are great in telling you of each health improvement as you reach it and of course money saved.  Apparently I have avoided 30 cigarettes in two days 16 hours.  :foundbeer:
Smoked for 27 years, quit for 26 months, smoked again for 16 months now trying to stop for good!

Max414

Re: Day three
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:41:45 am »
Right here beside you,Nicky  :nobeer:
This doesn't have to be purgatory-it can be fun,not least 'cos it is a journey of potentially saving yourself from a whole load of hideous illness further up the line.Sorry that sounds awful! But a good way to motivate  ;D
Great to see you here,making this-the last,and successful push to end the madness of smoking-so pull up yer skirts,gather up your determination,grit your teeth and let us support you as you make this fabulous transition !

Good to see you on the quizzes too! As smoking fades,so your brain power will expand,with all that pulsating oxygen-rich blood coursing around that brain  007
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:50:53 am »
@Max414 why do you want her to pull up her skirts?  Is that another English saying??? :D

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:57 am »
Thanks @Max414, the good thing for me is that I do still remember the good things about my previous quit so I know it's absolutely worth it.

Lol @Lostie I have not heard that one before either.
Smoked for 27 years, quit for 26 months, smoked again for 16 months now trying to stop for good!

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:05:14 am »
I think he may have meant "socks". Pull up your socks is an English saying.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Max414

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 12:23:37 pm »
I think he may have meant "socks". Pull up your socks is an English saying.

No,I do not mean Pull up your socks.
I mean Hitch up or pull up your skirts  :hug:
This is a Victorian or Edwardian expression depicting how a woman who is getting a move on,or going to work,would 'hitch or pull up' her skirts to enable her to run or walk faster and more safely.

It is not rude,as you thought,Lostie-your mind,honestly  :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
Whether you hitch up your socks, your skirts or your knickers @Nicky40 , you're doing this thing and deserve HUGE congratulations!!  ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »
Oops Im congratulating you on day 2 not realising you have already leapt into day 3.   So ignore my congratulations for day 2 and here are some massive congratulations for day 3  008 007 008 007 008 007
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.