Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Day three  (Read 129 times)

Nicky40

Day three
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:23:20 am »
 So start of day three.  Feeling ok this morning.

I suppose it helps that I never actually went back to smoking 20 a day.  Since last July I have smoked between 5-15 per day, some days I missed out the morning one, after lunch one or before bed one as I was always planning to quit again and didn't want to have those awful habit ones at particular times.  Also if I ever ran out I just bought more the next day, there was no rushing to the shop in a panic.

I actually had my last one on Saturday afternoon then went out in the evening for drinks (pre-planned, would have got out of it if I could have as drinking does not help quit) with family, all non smokers which was good.

I'm using a stats app on my phone again, I think they are great in telling you of each health improvement as you reach it and of course money saved.  Apparently I have avoided 30 cigarettes in two days 16 hours.  :foundbeer:
New quit journey started 19/08/17

Max414

Re: Day three
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:41:45 am »
Right here beside you,Nicky  :nobeer:
This doesn't have to be purgatory-it can be fun,not least 'cos it is a journey of potentially saving yourself from a whole load of hideous illness further up the line.Sorry that sounds awful! But a good way to motivate  ;D
Great to see you here,making this-the last,and successful push to end the madness of smoking-so pull up yer skirts,gather up your determination,grit your teeth and let us support you as you make this fabulous transition !

Good to see you on the quizzes too! As smoking fades,so your brain power will expand,with all that pulsating oxygen-rich blood coursing around that brain  007
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:50:53 am »
@Max414 why do you want her to pull up her skirts?  Is that another English saying??? :D

Nicky40

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 10:09:57 am »
Thanks @Max414, the good thing for me is that I do still remember the good things about my previous quit so I know it's absolutely worth it.

Lol @Lostie I have not heard that one before either.
New quit journey started 19/08/17

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:05:14 am »
I think he may have meant "socks". Pull up your socks is an English saying.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Max414

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 12:23:37 pm »
I think he may have meant "socks". Pull up your socks is an English saying.

No,I do not mean Pull up your socks.
I mean Hitch up or pull up your skirts  :hug:
This is a Victorian or Edwardian expression depicting how a woman who is getting a move on,or going to work,would 'hitch or pull up' her skirts to enable her to run or walk faster and more safely.

It is not rude,as you thought,Lostie-your mind,honestly  :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 01:06:25 pm »
Whether you hitch up your socks, your skirts or your knickers @Nicky40 , you're doing this thing and deserve HUGE congratulations!!  ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 02:48:44 pm »
Oops Im congratulating you on day 2 not realising you have already leapt into day 3.   So ignore my congratulations for day 2 and here are some massive congratulations for day 3  008 007 008 007 008 007
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.