Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 17 days  (Read 137 times)

Lrimas

17 days
« on: August 19, 2017, 12:15:14 pm »
It's been 17 days since I've had my last cigarette and the thing I find most surprising is how much energy I have. Anyone else notice that after quitting?

Took my dogs for a walk this morning and found myself going further simply to explore (instead of having to push myself to go far enough).

When I came back I tidied the house and while I can't say I enjoyed it I didn't find it as soul destroying as I normally do.

Also started running and I feel better when I wake up in the morning (still not great - even as a child I felt horrible in the morning before I started smoking - but it isn't as hard as it used to be to drag myself out of bed).

Sitting outside now in the sun. Boyfriend left his cigarettes outside (despite me asking him not to) and while I'm slightly tempted to take one I know I won't. What a great feeling  006

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: 17 days
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 12:22:18 pm »
Oh that's fantastic @Lrimas! What a lovely, positive post.  ;D 007 007 :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I noticed the energy thing too. The other thing is that you suddenly have all this additional time on your hands (it made me realise how much of my time I actually spent on smoking  :-[)). That's partly why I took up running- it was great for busting any craves, used up some of my excess energy and offset some of the compensatory eating (especially as my sense of taste started to improve  :)).

You're doing SO well!  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Lrimas

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 01:08:42 pm »
Loads of energy!!  ;D  I do lots of dancing   kk    Especially when I clean.

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 06:54:55 pm »
About week three to six I found I had a real burst of energy and I think it was the body just recognizing oxygen and celebrating. Ideal time to join a gym or something (wish I had) as I think the motivation is better at this time.

Keep up the brilliant work. xx 008
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015