Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 8  (Read 162 times)

LyndsayG

Day 8
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:07:16 pm »
Still here, reached Day 8 and feeling quite proud of myself.

I've found it surprisingly painless so far  (can't believe I'm saying that) but the reason is that we've had visitors staying. I haven't had a minute to spare or much time to even think about smoking. Usually I'd be sneaking off for a sly smoke whenever I got the chance and hoping I wouldn't get caught but not this past week.

So, my first week of quitting hasn't been too difficult to get through but I think the test will really start now that things are more relaxed and my time is my own. It's started already because this is the first time in 5 days when I've remembered how nice a sneaky cigarette would be with my morning coffee. :-[

I'm nowhere near out of the woods yet I fear but I'm determined to find my way.  It feels good not to have  to go shopping for my daily cigarette fix and I don't want to spoil that because that in itself is an achievement for me. I just wish I had a few more weeks of quitting under my belt though, I have a feeling that the next few are going to be a bit testing for a would be quitter like me.   

I've done one week though so there's no reason (apart from me) why I can't get through another.

Onwards and upwards. :D

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Day 8
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »
As you said @LyndsayG  you've done one week and that is really fantastic 007

Don't think too far ahead and just keep plodding along.  You will make it, just remember NOPE!

The following users thanked this post: LyndsayG

Titch

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:48:13 pm »
How about when you have that morning coffee log on here and pledge that you will not smoke today.   

Just stick with one day at a time @LyndsayG  and let the weeks and months take care of themselves.

You are doing great xx

After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 05:17:52 pm »
You are indeed @LyndsayG !!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Honestly, with over a week under your belt you really are through the worst in terms of the immediate withdrawal. The hard bit is that mental adjustment you need to make when you realise you're in for the long haul. Keep reminding yourself that with every day that passes all those little connections in your brain are re-programming themselves and that if you can just keep going, it won't be long before the smoking associations no longer exist. You CAN do this and you are!!  ;D 008 007
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »
Ooh but Whittards do a lovely salted caramel coffee for cafetière; it's £6.50 in the shop but currently £5.50 online. Now I have to say it's blooming good, but all the better when your taste is better because of the lack of smokey stuff... Less than the price of a packet of fags and definitely the way to go in improving your morning coffee...
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)