Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Hi everyone. Day 15 of cold turkey!!  (Read 1747 times)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Hi everyone. Day 15 of cold turkey!!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 02:11:02 pm »
@Wee me :)  I'm sure you'll be strong enough to cope :D It can be very hard to accept that you will never smoke again, but it can be done.

I do know what you are going through and it can be likened to a breakup. The pain can be so bad at times and you miss the relationship, but not all relationships are good for you. Just remember smoking is not good for you!

If you are having a rough time, please come on here and post. Usually there is someone around and I want you to know you aren't alone in this journey. Don't think you can cope or don't want to bother people etc etc.  We are here for you, so make use of us :D

The following users thanked this post: Wee me :)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 06:18:13 pm »
Exactly what @Lostie said dear @Wee me :) . I remember that feeling of loss so well. I really hadn't expected it.

You're so right- there's a feeling of elation that gets you through the first couple of weeks and then it passes. Being an avid fell walker I likened the whole quit thing to climbing a mountain- initially you're all excited about the walk and then you hit the part where the summit seems a million miles away, you're out of breath and every step feels like an effort. However, if you plug away, don't look ahead of you, concentrate on the next step and find something to occupy your brain you suddenly realise you've practically climbed the damn thing, are emerging on the summit plateau and have the most fantastic views to enjoy (as well as the prospect of a nice packed lunch  :)).

You're doing splendidly well and I just know you can make it to your personal summit.  :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 08:12:44 pm »
Understand exactly how you feel, once the "novelty" of quitting had worn off, I was a complete mess.  I felt like I'd lost a best friend who'd been there with me through everything for 20 years. That's when I found the people on this forum and the kindness and support I got made such a difference.  The feeling of loss did pass and it will do for you too.  If you're struggling on your way up Skiddaw's mountain, just look up and we'll all be there with a helping hand.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 10:14:59 pm »
Oh I used to go to the spot automatically and then think "what am I doing here?". It does get better, it honestly does and you get a day where you have no cravings and you've not given the smoke sticks a single thought and you will feel so full of proud, and then we will be full of proud for you and there will be pictures and dancing and wine!!  008
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)