Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Still here  (Read 212 times)

LyndsayG

Still here
« on: August 12, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »
Made it to day 3 and starting to feel a bit more relaxed (just a bit) about what I'm doing.

It was a bit of a wake up call yesterday when I called in to the local newsagents and paid our paper bill. After I'd done that I was about to ask for a lottery ticket but before I got the words out of my mouth the newsagent was reaching into the covered cigarette section behind the counter for my usual pack of cigarettes!  He knows my habits so well and was surprised when I told him I was trying to give them up. He told me he doesn't have much demand for cigarettes these days and said he was pleased I was giving them up. Well I can't go there and buy them anymore without looking like a fool so that's another incentive to stay quit.                                                   

Things are improving though and I woke up this morning after a good sleep without that sinking feeling I've had for the past couple of days. Not sure if I'm imagining it but I think I feel physically better as well, my chest was certainly clearer first thing this morning so just more proof I need to tackle my quit positively.

Early days and a long way to go but 'so far, so good'.     

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
Re: Still here
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 01:52:30 pm »
More people knowing does put a little more pressure on to stay on the straight and narrow.

Well done on three days and focus on how amazing it feels to actually have oxygen in your blood again.

Just keep going one minute at a time if needs be. x

007 007
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 05:24:10 pm »
I did that too!! I don't think my corner shop lady even has to stock Windsor Blue Menthols any more....
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »
That's just brilliant @LyndsayG ...  ;D ;D ;D

Do you have any dentist/doctor appointments looming? The moment when you tell your GP/dentist that you no longer smoke is a particularly fab one.

Hope the day is treating you well  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...