Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Weird, nervousness feeling  (Read 377 times)

Clemma79

Weird, nervousness feeling
« on: July 23, 2017, 09:10:57 am »
Day 3. I've have been smoking for 23 years and have got to the point where I have had enough. I say day 3, but my quit started 7 days ago. For the first 4 days I was still having that first cigarette in the morning so I'm starting from Friday when I didn't smoke at all. I'm using a 16 hour patch and a vape (using 16mg juices as anything else makes me cough). First 2 days weren't so bad if I'm honest. But this morning...

When I first woke up I felt awful. All shaky and like a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. Very anxious. I could barely walk or talk. Within about 10 minutes, and after using my vape for all its worth, it passed. But it was horrible. I really hope I don't feel like that every morning  :-\

Now it's passed I think I'm on course for another good day. I'm glad I've stumbled across this forum so I can read through other posts to get some inspiration :)

tea

• Administrator
Re: Weird, nervousness feeling
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 09:16:38 am »
A lot of people do find Day 3 to be a tough one, but if you can get through today then you can do this. Just take it minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day until you're counting weeks. Try to remember to drink plenty of fluids today as your body is going to be trying to flush some of the gunk out.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Clemma79

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 09:37:34 am »
I was pre warned at the stop smoking clinic but wasn't fully prepared. I'm ok now, thankfully. Just want to get through this first week so when the do my carbon monoxide levels on Friday I'll blow in the green.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 10:08:56 am »
Well done @Clemma79  firstly for making that commitment to give up and secondly for getting to day 3, as most of us will tell you, it's not easy, but it is doable.

No matter what you are feeling at any point in your quit, someone here will have been through exactly the same and will jump in to give some support, assistance, advice and support.

The trick is to post here as often as you can/want and please don't think that you are alone, cos your not, post when you are haveing a good day and for sure post when you are having a bad day and rant away.

Take care  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 10:21:26 am »
@Clemma79 just to prewarn you about the carbon monoxide blowing thing, I had already been quit for 2 weeks when I blew one and I was so upset when it wasn't a 0 but because I live in a city apparently that means that I may never blow a 0 but the man did think it was funny when I was protesting that I hadn't had a single cigarette!!

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Max414

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 10:29:00 am »
Hi Clemma
it is true that you are prone to feeling awful especially just after stopping,but remind yourself that this is the effect of the poison being withdrawn; your body has been forced to put measures into place to cope with daily poison-that primeval need to survive- so the effects of those measures,but with no poison to combat,will confuse things for a few weeks and make you feel rotten. You are here now and in our care-that is what counts  :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 10:52:33 am »
@tea I nearly posted the same as you.  ;)  I remember others saying they were trying to convince people that they really hadn't had a smoke. I believe they were told, as you said, it was the exhaust fumes from passing cars.

Welcome to the forum @Clemma79  :D  You are not alone on this journey.

Sally

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 10:54:08 am »
Welcome to Just Quit @Clemma79.  Well done on getting to day 3.  I wasn't really prepared for quite how awful I felt after quitting and that's when I found the forum and it was amazing how much difference it made having the support from people who'd been through it.  Hope you have a good day todat.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 11:22:15 am »
A huge welcome to the forum from me as well, @Clemma79  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Everything you describe is SO familiar...  :P... I really wasn't prepared for the anxiety and it properly floored me for a bit (though on the plus side, I felt too churned up to eat much and actually lost weight  :))) but like all the less pleasant side effects of quitting it really does pass. Just hold on in there and look out for the positive effects because you'll notice them really soon if you haven't already. In the meantime, there's always someone here if you need to rant, scream, cry, climb lampposts or whatever helps.

...And it's brilliant when you blow low on the carbon monoxide thingy.  ;D ;D ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Clemma79

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 11:36:30 am »
Thank you everyone :) I'm out and about at a bike show at the moment so keeping busy. This day will be over before i know it. Reading through some posts and the support is amazing - happy I've found this place.

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

Max414

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
Bike show as in Motorbikes?
Hope so-I am a mad keen biker  :foundbeer:
Although I do have a lovely bicycle too,a Canondale Synapse ,which to my shame I hardly ever ride  :-\
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Clemma79

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
Yeah. Bikewise at Durham Police HQ. Phenomenal amount of bikers, motorbikes and some stunt shows too. Had a fab time. The fella is a motorbike nut. I don't mind them but it's not my passion. Met someone called John McGuinness and nabbed his autograph for my Dad (never heard of him but he's massive in the TT circuit) as he's a fan.

Kept my mind off the fags and I'm almost through Day 3 :D

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 10:35:01 pm »
Oh that sounds like a good day. Durham is so nice in the sunshine!

jhonsonjr

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 03:38:11 am »
I had exactly same problem as you! I tried to quit several times but didn’t succeed - it was soon hard! What I ended up doing in the end was visiting a psychologist. It helped me so much to change the way I think about smoking and made the process of quitting way easier. The problem was it was quite expensive and took up a bit of time. I was reading about this app called "Quit Genius" in the Evening Standard. It’s essentially a personal psychologist in your pocket and is like the Headspace for smoking and uses scientifically proven techniques o change the way you think about smoking. It is awesome!! It helped me quit and I am now 2 weeks smoke-free and it feels so good.

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior