Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Dreaming  (Read 194 times)

Whippetmom

Dreaming
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:34:54 am »
Morning my fellow quitters, hope everyone is well today. I'm 10 days in now and last night I had a dream where I was smoking. It was so vivid, I could both taste and smell the cigarette, then I got all of a panic thinking how I'd undone all my good work,then I woke up and realised it was great only a dream. Anybody else had this? Btw, still getting bouts of dizziness too.

KitKat

• Administrator
Re: Dreaming
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 11:52:12 am »
Well done @Whippetmom you're doing really well.

I do dream a lot (not normally about smoking) and others on here have said that they dream about smoking, so I think it's quite normal.

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

The following users thanked this post: Whippetmom

Sally

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 12:02:26 pm »
I've had two dreams about smoking. One I can still clearly remember, I'd got out of the car at the Bicester shopping centre car park (I've never even been there!), lit a cigarette, smoked half of it before I remembered I'd given up and then threw it away.  I woke up and honestly thought I had smoked that half a cigarette.  The other one I can't remember.

Congratulations on 10 days.  Are you feeling better apart from the dizziness?
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Whippetmom

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 12:17:38 pm »
Yes thanks much better,just dizzy on occasions.

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 02:26:12 pm »
Yes, I had 4 or 5 and sometimes even woke up crying.  :nobeer:  They can be so real ;D

Congratulations on day 10. Have you rewarded yourself with anything.  Must remember to reward yourself ;)

Whippetmom

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 02:34:47 pm »
Funny you should mention rewards, my son's just been round and basically said the same thing. I haven't  rewarded myself but have got an app that tells me how much I've saved,so I might just let it mount up for a while and then treat myself. What sort of things have you all treated yourselves to?
Thankyou by the way for all the continued support.

The following users thanked this post: Indigo Warrior

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »
LOL! Yes I did have those dreams and woke up really disappointed with myself because I could taste it. Both of mine involved my favourite former manager who had once accidentally lit up at her desk when she was really stressed.

The scientific explanation for why this happens is that your body is cleaning out your lungs and growing some new cilia and clearing out the gunk kicks up the taste and memory which your subconscious has a party with.

How is the tooth?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 04:11:31 pm »
@Whippetmom  I started rewarding myself right from the beginning. When I went grocery shopping I would buy myself a bunch of flowers. I've had a short cruise(first holiday in about 30 years) . I got a new fridge and now have enough money for a new car.  Of course I had to buy clothes in the past 4 1/2 years. I'm sure there were others things I bought, but I can't remember them at the moment.  Even if you are saving towards something big, it doesn't hurt to treat yourself a little along the way ;D

Some people put the money aside in a jar or something just to see what they have saved. (as I did, but when it started to get too large to have a home I gave up on that idea).  It is so easy just to let that money disappear into 'normal' living costs. You spent that money on cigs so now you can spend that money on yourself  ;D

Just remember it is not just the money you saved from cigs, it's the little extras you might buy when you go to the shop. I have saved heaps because I would go to town when I ran out of cigarettes. Now I only go for grocery shopping.

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 04:55:00 pm »
@Whippetmom  008 well done on reaching ten days. Suspect the dizziness is due to your brain experiencing oxygen levels it is not had for a while but see GP if not sure.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Max414

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »
Dreams are absolutely typical-and that feeling,dreaming you smoked then waking up to find you didn't-very weird feeling
Dizziness...well WM, for years your body,Bless its little heart, has been busy coping with great blasts of smokey poison every few hours. It has had to adapt to survive. It has had to take up defences against the poison,the tar,the smoke,and the dizziness is the result of these defences being still present yet not needed,meaning your system has to be given more time to revert to healthy and natural.

It's probably a great sign  :hug: but as someone said,if you are worried then see the Doc.You're doing GREAT! 004
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Whippetmom

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 06:02:59 pm »
Tooth much improved thankyou Tea. Might do the money in a jar thing,just so I can actually see it.
Had to see the nurse at the Doc's yesterday, happily informed her that I'd stopped smoking, her reply was "we don't consider you a non-smoker until you've been stopped a year". That was it, I mean,I wasn't looking for praise but there wasn't one word of support . Well, getting back to the treating yourself , I want a pair of Rocketbuster boots,so I reckon a year's worth of saving my cig money should get me a pair,and when I've got my boots I'm going back to see that nurse and I might just kick some ass with those boots

The following users thanked this post: tea, Lostie

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 06:26:58 pm »
I was lucky I had a great guy when I rang the Australian support line. When I had quit for about 4 days he rang me and didn't believe me when I said I hadn't had a smoke since speaking to him earlier that week. He was so excited and I bet everyone else in his room also knew I hadn't had a smoke.  :D  :D

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 11:04:09 am »
Stupid nurse.  >:( Honestly, @Whippetmom , you have SO much to be proud of. You just carry on boot-saving and you'll show her good and proper.  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...