Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 1 again  (Read 1440 times)

Miaow

Day 1 again
« on: July 03, 2017, 05:30:05 pm »
Hey everyone!

I'm on day 1 (again). I'm only using lozenges when I get a really bad craving and ride through the more minor ones.

I've been smoking since I was 21 (cos I could get an extra cheeky smoking break...), though I've managed to quit for 3 years before. Just had what was a 'one-off' and started smoking again. This was about three years ago. I've just managed to quit for three week, but started smoking again the last five days. Trying to quit again today again. I'm really sick of it, but what makes me go back to smoking is the anxiety and depression I seem to face every time I quit (I get to the brink of tears). I tend to be ok the first few days or the first week (aside from the chills, headache, craving, dizziness and general difficulty to concentrate). The depressed mood seems to hit after the first week when I feel like being like  002.

Wish me luck  and strength :vader:   :D

tea

• Administrator
Re: Day 1 again
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 05:45:34 pm »
Hello @Miaow, I do like your cat!! It does take a while to get out of the anxiety, but it's almost like a different kind of anxiety. I'm not sure how to explain it; I still get anxious, but about much different things.

I used to worry about how many cigarettes I had left, whether I had a working lighter, when I could get more cigs, which shop would have my brand, did I have enough cash.....when can I have one, where can I do it, how long am I going to be stuck outside Primrose Hill in this carriage full of ****** (that actually ended up being 2 and a half hours)!

Now, I just worry about other stuff and I'm quite glad I don't have to worry about all of that stuff above. I'm still an anxious traveller though and hate being trapped in trains.

Does stroking the cat help?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »
Hello @Miaow and welcome to the forum from me. :)

When I quit smoking I found that my anxiety levels went down. Depression is still around, but not like before. Before I would spend my money on cigarettes and then get more depressed because I couldn't afford them.

Hopefully we can all help you on this quit. You can be sure that you will get support here :) Just try and remember NOPE Not One Puff Ever! Having to repeat your quit over and over is just causing you stress.  ;)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »
Oh poor you @Miaow - I can identify with the anxiety as it happened to me too when I quit. I really wasn't expecting it and I'm sure it's all the more horrid for you because having been through it several times, you're anticipating it happening (if that makes sense). All I can say is that you WILL ride it out (as I am sure you remember from before) and in the meantime, we'll all be here and will do what we can to provide moral support, companionship and solidarity. It's jolly good to meet you- another Cat Lady is always most welcome!  :hug: ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Sally

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 07:52:41 pm »
Hello @Miaow and welcome to Just Quit from me too.

Sorry you're feeling so rough, but it will pass.  I was ok for about a week too and I certainly wasn't prepared for the awful sense of loss that hit me about a week in.  I felt like I'd lost a best friend.

Make sure you plan little treats for your milestones so you have something to look forward to, and we'll be here to help you along and celebrate with you.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:29:41 am »
Hi @Miaow and welcome to the forum.

No matter what withdrawal symptoms you have, someone here will have had the same at some point and will be able to offer help and support to get you through.

Treat this forum and the people here as your new best friends and turn to us whenever you need any help, guidance, support, information or just a shoulder to cry on.

Sometimes just having a good old rant helps.

Just remember, "failure is not failure unless you stop trying".  Nobody is here to judge you, only to help and support you.

KK ;)   
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Max414

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 10:19:48 am »
Welcome Miaow  ;D
We are here for you if you want to use us,and we have talked the talk and walked the walk so we know a thing or two  :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 08:10:03 pm »
How was Day 2 @Miaow
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)