Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Day 3, still going ok!  (Read 237 times)

Pinksquirl71

Day 3, still going ok!
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:58:34 pm »
Day three now, still not grumpy and have a new distraction too to keep fingers busy at home! Seems to be the only place its bothering me, not much,  just a wee tad, so got myself some knitting needles and wool, going to knit premature baby hats! Not much of a knitter but they pretty tiny! Should also stop me reaching for toffees

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Day 3, still going ok!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 07:09:27 pm »
Sorry I couldn't post earlier, I was having trouble with the forum.  Congratulations and welcome to the forum from me :)

I quit with Champix on I think day 12. It might not happen to you but I got really, really angry from about 5-10. Thought I owned the road when I was driving. 

I agree with Kat, any problems please check with someone.  I got so sick with the tablets that I ended up cutting them in half and because I usually got up mid early morning, with a call of nature, I took my tablet then with 2 ginger nut biscuits and then went back to bed. You might not have any problems with it at all.  I was a heavy smoker and smoked for 40+ years.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »
Oh that is great! I found that knitting helped me a lot and I made a hat and a little cardigan and a patchwork blanket. It was really good for keeping hands busy while I was watching tv. I'm looking forward to seeing your little hats!! Are you going to donate them to a hospital?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:49 pm »
Day three now, still not grumpy and have a new distraction too to keep fingers busy at home! Seems to be the only place its bothering me, not much,  just a wee tad, so got myself some knitting needles and wool, going to knit premature baby hats! Not much of a knitter but they pretty tiny! Should also stop me reaching for toffees

Your doing well @Pinksquirl71 and if you want to knit me a hat, please feel free, not that I'm saying I'm premature in any way, you understand.

Anyway, day 4 is just around the corner, then you will be looking at a week.

Well done and take care

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Pinksquirl71

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:41:37 pm »
Going to donate to local hospital, only doing prem babies @KitKat, just now, maybe by winter I'll have moved up to adult size!

The following users thanked this post: KitKat, Sally

Mina

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:46 pm »
Nice one, nailing down distraction activity early on is a really great plan. Keep going - you are doing fabulously well x
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:25:56 pm by Mina »

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 08:54:18 pm »
@Pinksquirl71 welcome to the group and how amazing you are already on day three with fidget activities ready. My day three I was bouncing up and down at a week end music festival. Envious of your talents to knit. Mine always looked like crochet!

I found frozen grapes were good as natural boiled sweets but just type on here and wait for three responses before succumbing. :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:36 am »
What a lovely thing to do @Pinksquirl71:hug: :hug:

I can't knit for toffee and have huge admiration for anyone who can.

And congratulations- you're doing SO well!!  ;D 008 008 007 007
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Jenny

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »
Hello and well done for making such a good choice

Those first days are not easy and this forum can really help over the next months

When I was on day 3 I really didn't believe I could do it but with the help of this forum and ticking off days to reach my first year I did. happy happy happy now

Good luck

Jenny and Alfie.mxxx