Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: On day 2 attempted, gum, patches, quickmist,lozenges, hypnosis now champix!  (Read 1247 times)

Pinksquirl71

So day 2 of NO cigs today, day 14 however of champix,  previously tried, patches, gum, microtab, lozenges, inhalator, hopefully champix will be my champion! 

Sally

Hello and welcome to Just Quit and well done for getting through Day One.  I didn't use Champix but quite a few people here did.  How are you finding it?
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Pinksquirl71

I don't think I have noticed any real side effects with it, hopefully my trumping goes on through the night, have a few spots appeared, but not sure if thats body getting rid of toxins or champix to be honest!

Usually I am insufferable and my other half goes and buys cigs by day 2 so definitely better this time in the way of mood swings, spent a since day 5 smoking between 1-4 cigs daily instead of 30-40 so really think I can do it this time!

Kat73

• Administrator
Nice to have you with us and great to see you feeling so positive!  That first day is a major achievement so be proud of yourself!

I'm a Champix quitter and absolutely LOVED how they removed all the "enjoyment" from smoking a cigarette and left me with only the taste and physical sensation which, let's face it, is pretty rank!  Prior to that my quit attempts were awful, terrifying experiences but Champix really was the answer for me.  My top tip when it comes to the tablets is, if in doubt, check with your GP/smoking cessation nurse.  I was one of the folks who couldn't tolerate the higher dose so if you start to have any problems, don't mess around, get to see someone as soon as you can.

Looking forward to seeing you clocking up another day tomorrow, keep on keeping on  :)
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Helene

Hi and welcome,

I was a Champix champion!  Yes it worked for me after I tried different things. 

My ex used to always buy me cig when he could not handle it and trew the pack at me.

When I stopped, I stopped for me the last time.  I even kept this group secret from ex because I did not want him to sabotage me.  One of my first ack of freedom.

I am so happy to be off smoking.  You will also.

Helene

KitKat

• Administrator
Hi @Pinksquirl71 and welcome to the forum, we have all sorts of quitters here and between us we have probably tried most things until we have found the method that has worked for us.

You have a way to go yet, but have made a solid start and the people here will help you all the way, with help, advice and understanding.

If you have any question, please, please ask and somebody will be along to help.

Well done so far  008

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Lovely to meet you @Pinksquirl71  ;D

I wasn't a Champix quitter but there are indeed many in this wonderful community who were/are and I promise that you'll find all the support and advice you could possibly need here (and you'll have lots of fun too  :)).

Will look forward to cheering you along. Well done!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...