Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Another milestone reached  (Read 1251 times)

Nigalius

Another milestone reached
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:52:13 am »
Well..... I have now reached another milestone. Today is day 101 of my quit. I feel quite proud as well. I still get those habitual urges and for half a second look round for my tobacco but then realise I am now a non smoker. I now have to get my weight sorted out. Will book a doctors appointment for next week.

My COPD is slowly improving and I have at last detected an improvement in my sense of taste. I can smell better now and my cough has dissappeared.

I am now going to try to post a bit to try and help others twice a week. I have huge connection problems at the moment and Openreach coming round this morning.

Cheers

Nigel.
I know a lot of things, I just cant remember them.

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, Hopeful Marie

Gerti1

Re: Another milestone reached
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 07:28:37 am »
You have done so well Nigel and you have worked hard for it so congratulations and I hope you have treated yourself x
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 07:53:36 am »
Good to see you are still around and going strong ;D

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:31 am »
Oh well done our @Nigalius !!!  ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

I was thinking about you just yesterday and wondering how things were going and here you are, making excellent progress. You should be extremely proud of yourself!  :)

How is dear doggy? Have you managed a walk to the beach yet?
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Max414

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:56:26 am »
Very proud of you Nigel!!!!

This is a very wonderful stage of your quit,it's where the iron grip of smoking on your brain has been shaken loose-due to YOUR self discipline,dedication and resolve- and although the desire still exists,it is weak and thin and it is easily possible now to just swat it away as you might do to a fly.   :foundbeer:

RESULT!!!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Hopeful Marie

Titch

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:30:04 pm »
So pleased you are seeing the benefits of the new non smoking you.  You just dont realise what tastes and smells you are missing out on as a smoker so sit back and enjoy them now. 

Excellent news that your cough has disappeared too.

Well done
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Sally

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 02:31:18 pm »
Great to read your post and many congratulations on 101 days.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Finally!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 07:07:30 pm »
Good on you Nigel, 101 days is no mean feat.
Also glad that you are feeling the benefits of the quit - hope the next 100 will be a lot easier.
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:39:29 pm »
:foundbeer:WHOOP WHOOP, TREBLE FIGURES FOR OUR NIGE!!!! :foundbeer:
Sooooooooooo chuffed to log in and see this mate, I was starting to get a tad worried!  You're properly motoring on now  010 and will be celebrating your half year before you know it!  008

I know the weight is a major concern but I promise you that your health will be benefitting massively from your success on quitting the evil weed so hold on to that thought and see what changes you can make that may have a big impact.  Are you and your four legged friend starting to get out a bit now that the better weather is here?  Being able to go out for walks will pay huge dividends even if you are only doing very short distances.

Let us know how you get on at the GP's, well done mate  :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Nigalius

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 08:12:55 am »
Thank you for all your support. I know that my will power has a lot to do with my quitting but the support I have had here i know for certain has made a great difference. Knowing that you have all been through it at various levels and then helping me to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel has been so good.

This area is an area where I dissagree with authorities. If an alcoholic goes to AA and then stops drinking they have it drummed into them that they are still an alcoholic. But... What is the difference, I was a smoker for 50 years and now I have stopped and I consider myself now as a NON smoker. Perhaps someone can explain.

Thanks All

Nigel
I know a lot of things, I just cant remember them.

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 08:56:58 am »
Good point @Nigalius . Different people on here use different names for having quit. Non smoker, ex smoker and like me Reformed smoker.  It's all up to the individual. I think I have to remind myself that if I ever have one I would be hooked again >:(  I have lived with NOPE and it's worked for me.

You have done really well on your quit and you will keep going, believe me that light shines brightly when you reach the end of the tunnel 006