Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: When you forget, and then you remember....savour the moment  (Read 421 times)

Hopeful Marie

When you forget, and then you remember....savour the moment
« on: April 05, 2017, 08:57:57 am »
Hi Everyone

Day 10, double figure at last.

So I've been reading the late Allen Carr book Easy way to stop smoking. Its been amazing in my CT quit. It completely changed my mind-set and I was a sceptic I must admit. One of the biggest challenges I faced before was forgetting I had stopped and then remembering and feeling depressed and nostalgic. Well not anymore, I'm learning to savour those moments as a positive, remember not how great the cig was but how depressed the addiction made me. Id highly recommend the book, has anyone one else tried it?

Stay strong all you quitters and a big shout out to all the penthouse legends who keep supporting us.
Quit date 27th March 2017.

Max414

Re: When you forget, and then you remember....savour the moment
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:44:13 am »
Oh well done you!!!! That book figured large in my quit,and if I say so myself,I sailed through and never felt like failing-I put that down to the psychology of addiction and quitting which was spectacularly well highlighted by Carr in this book. It took me 3 reads of the book,mind you,to see the penny drop,so established was my mindset,so determined was I to feel that I was letting some huge enjoyment sail away  003

You're on fire!!! Your body is loving the lack of poison,your wallet or purse is feeling rich and heavy and you smell divine-what's not to love  006
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Hopeful Marie

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:35:28 am »
Morning @Hopeful MBG and HUGE congratulations from me for entering double figures!  007 007 008 008 Before you know it, you'll have a month under your belt (and the time will start to race past).

There's a sort of fag mourning period you have to go through, which I really wasn't anticipating. I likened it to how you feel when you end a relationship- even if it has thoroughly run its course you still feel a bit weird and disembodied afterwards. You're dealing with it really well by the sound of it and I have no doubt at all that we shall be welcoming you to the Penthouse in only just over 11 months time.  ;D :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:00:42 am »
I thought from the title that this might be about a smoking dream! I remember having one and waking up very upset that I'd forgotten that I'd quit and I'd smoked and then realising that I hadn't really done it.....
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Hopeful Marie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 11:09:07 am »
@Max414 it's the same for me, the book is completely taking my mind to a different level for the quit. The pangs of withdrawal the unwanted hunger its actually all very positive! Mr Carr is a bit of a legend for me!

Hopeful Marie

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:01 am »
@Skiddaw @tea  cant wait for the month mark, maybe the weird dreams will have stopped by then. I haven't had one yet where I've smoked but I anticipate it will come. You guys on this site are amaze balls as my teenage humans say! Thank you xx

TG

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:53:44 pm »
Brilliant @Hopeful MBG that book is amazing and with the support here differently was a big reason why I quit and stay quit.  Remember rejoice in every craving,  it is your body healing itself.  008 008

Hopeful Marie

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 06:00:27 pm »
Thanks @TG
Roll onto week 3 I say   :vader:

Sally

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 08:31:01 pm »
Well done on your 10 days.  Glad to hear the Allen Carr book is helping you.  I've heard amazing things about it, but for me I tried about 3 or 4 times to read it but never got very far, probably just wasn't ready to quit then. 
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges