Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Quit smoking ad  (Read 1100 times)

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Quit smoking ad
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »
Not sure if this is the best place to start this thread.

I was wondering what you all thought out this ad that is now on TV in Western Australia?

I have a friend who still smokes and when I told her about it she was annoyed and said it isn't right to ask smokers not to smoke around you.  What do you all think?

https://makesmokinghistory.org.au/more-information/latest-campaign?gclid=CK__ttGEhtMCFcGUvQod2XQEzw

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
Re: Quit smoking ad
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:54:57 pm »
Personally, I never smoked around people who had just quit or would go for a walk alone when around non smokers but I never wanted to inflict my bad habit on anyone.

I would say any conscientious smoker would do that and this ad is for the trolls who don't care and had never given it a thought but I don't feel it would change them anyway.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:11:43 pm »
Well I know I've said it before, but that day I spent with my smoking friend early on actually helped me rather than hindered me. Seeing how desperate she looked after only an hour just spurred me on because I didn't want that to be me. But I do appreciate that isn't going to work for everybody and luckily nobody did anything daft like offer me one.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Punjabiprincess

• 2nd and final quit! Eating cake is much better!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 02:46:53 pm »
I personally believe if you want to quit that much you won't allow yourself to be in a position where it might hinder your progress.  So i myself stayed away from people when they smoked.

It's on the quitter not the smoker in my opinion  :vader:

PP
Quit Date: 01/11/2016

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »
I also believe it's up to the quitter to avoid areas where smokers are. Don't think it's fair to expect a smoker to take the responsibility.  Of course, if it's your partner, I would expect them to be considerate and go outside and try and be supportive.

KitKat

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »
To be fair, it really doesn't bother me if people want to smoke near me and I for sure wound not tell anyone to stop smoking, nor would I start a false cough to make a point. Ok, I wouldn't allow it in my house, well maybe in the garden room with the doors open, as I did and only on the deck of the boat, if they really have to. I never smoked below deck anyway.

I just hate people (the PC brigade) telling me what to do for my own good, jeez, It's my life and I'll do as I want  008 008 kk

KK ;)
Manners maketh man, not the way he spells it

The following users thanked this post: Lostie