Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Do I change my counter?  (Read 971 times)

tea

• Administrator
Re: Do I change my counter?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 09:16:08 pm »
That sounds really positive. You've still saved that money and it will be much better spent on something that you don't burn away....or a fireworks display for your One Whole Yeae party in the Penthouse.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Alidye69

Titch

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 09:37:34 am »
Well done for getting straight back into it.   Dont get to het up about what day your counter says.  The important thing is  you arent smoking today.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: Alidye69

aneggisanegg

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 01:05:44 am »
I'm with Max on this - a counter is simply a counter from when you last had a smoke.  That's what it is, and that's all it is.  If you start saying 'except that night I went out on the lash' or 'apart from that time I had a row with my best friend' then it becomes meaningless.

This is one of the reasons I thinks counters are a waste of time - the key is not to tick xx days off the calendar in the blind hope that you'll be somehow magically cured of your addiction, but to get to a state of mind where you know you don't need to smoke and have total confidence that you will never need to again.  This change in mindset is the real key to beating your addiction; it can come very quickly or it can take an eternity.

Those people who rely on counters, and make then exceptions, tend to be the ones for whom it takes an eternity.  Don't shootthe messenger, that's just the way it is :-\