Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Blip  (Read 387 times)

Alidye69

Blip
« on: March 06, 2017, 08:43:31 am »
hi everyone
Sorry to report that over the weekend I had a blip and ended up smoking 2 ciggies while intoxicated!  >:(
The patch is back on again and I am still confident that I can do this, fortunately there are no more celebrations coming up for a while so I should get a couple of months under my belt at least.
Onwards and upwards  ;D

Max414

Re: Blip
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 09:53:21 am »
Good for you being honest.Alcohol is DEADLY in the early stages of a quit. If you are serious about quitting for good though,you need to take on board our warnings and avoid such situations  :-*
Get a few days under your belt then build on that,and never turn your back on quitting  :hug:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Alidye69

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 10:32:05 am »
Well done for getting straight back onto it @Alidye69 . It's SO easy to say 'to hell with it' when something like that happens. You'll be more on your guard next time. I found the only way to do it was to avoid alcohol completely for a while- it was just too much of a temptation.

Onwards and upwards as you say. Just remember- in all circumstances- NOPE is the mantra.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Titch

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:42:01 am »
Use it as a learning curve @Alidye69 - if you get into a situation again where you think you may be tempted then think of all the good reasons why you want to be a non smoker.
Amongst others it will be your health, more money in your pocket, bundles of more energy, clearer skin, fresher breath, not feeling anti social, freedom etc.

Then list all the good reasons why you want to be a smoker.

erm ............. 
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.