Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: 25 days  (Read 2776 times)

Saucisse

25 days
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:33:31 am »
Still fag free and fragrant ..... Just !   
Trust it gets easier as I really don't fancy this forever.  X
History ..... Just one thing after another.

The following users thanked this post: Kat73

Titch

Re: 25 days
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:46:57 am »
25 days is something to be very proud of and trust me It definitely gets easier.   Keep doing what you are doing cos you are so close to that month now. xxx
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

The following users thanked this post: Saucisse

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:08:22 am »
YAY!!!

Bless you, there's not one of us that doesn't remember the immense effort and grinding slog that those early days are sweetpea, and you're doing brilliantly.  I know it doesn't feel like that but, trust me, if it didn't get better then we'd all be smoking again.

Hang in there hon, better days ARE coming, I promise  :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Saucisse

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:13:25 am »
 009. Avidly reading distraction tips at any and every moment.  One of those days whereby all my other methods worked .... Catching up with the Sunday paper, ironing, cooking aren't having the slightest bit of truck with Mr Nic ..... Just buzz off !!!!!!!!!

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 11:18:20 am »
It will soon be your first month out of the way :foundbeer:  When you are struggling, try and stop and think of how it was for you in those first few days and weeks.  You never want to go through that again do you?  I certainly never wanted to and that kept me going, plus support from these lovely people (and others) ;D

Titch

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:07:14 pm »
009. Avidly reading distraction tips at any and every moment.  One of those days whereby all my other methods worked .... Catching up with the Sunday paper, ironing, cooking aren't having the slightest bit of truck with Mr Nic ..... Just buzz off !!!!!!!!!

I know its easier said that done but try to embrace the craves as each one you get through is one step closer to the fresher, healthier, richer future that is laying in wait for you.
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Max414

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »
So proud of you Mrs!!!
This is a very decent amount of time now,spent not poisoning yourself. I used to think of it as building a wall between yourself and Nic O'Tine. You are laying down bricks,one after another,bloody hard work and the bricks are heavy  :( but as you do he can see you less and you can see him less-you know he is there,by his nagging weedy voice,which still plagues you Sue but there is a tipping point where you have blocked him just enough to prevent him actually getting in your face as it were;his only way to get to you is by shouting and whingeing in his thin reedy hoarse cry, that's when you get your head down and build that wall up higher and higher!!!  :hug: you are heading towards the open blue water where you still start to have an hour here or there where you don't think of smoking! My great moment occurred at about 6 weeks I think,I had a whole morning where I did not once think of the cancer sticks,I was beside myself with delight  007
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

Sally

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 05:49:46 pm »
Well done on 25 days. As the others have said, it does get easier.  Stay strong and keep those days adding up and you'll soon get to a place where Mr Nic gets bored of constantly nagging away at you. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »
As our wonderful @Max414 says, it does help you through the difficult patches if you can find an analogy that means something to you. For me it was comparing quitting to climbing a mountain- it's blinking hard work at first and the summit seems impossibly far away but you grit your teeth and continue, one step at a time, and when you pause for breath you realise that you've already climbed quite a long way. You keep at it and keep at it and eventually the slope evens out a bit and then you feel that wonderful summit wind and then there's a cairn and you've made it! And you have a view like nothing on earth.  ;D

You're doing brilliantly dear @Saucisse and with every day, every minute, every second that passes you become stronger.  :ninja: :ninja: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Saucisse

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 06:33:52 pm »
Thank you so much every one.  Onwards and upwards.  X

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 06:34:28 pm »
I keep thinking of our Carol and how she would tell you that the best bit is that you won't be a smelly nanny for your gorgeous granddaughter.....

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Saucisse

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »
Absolutely Tea and Bella is gorgeous. Xx

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 09:14:54 am »
I keep thinking of our Carol and how she would tell you that the best bit is that you won't be a smelly nanny for your gorgeous granddaughter.....

Oh yes- she would at that!  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...