Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: a vote for champix!  (Read 5184 times)

peggypoo

a vote for champix!
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:28:49 pm »
i gave up 7 weeks ago, my husband gave up 8 weeks ago and over the weekend we reached our first £1000 which we did nt set fire to!
I went to the doctors because i felt so tired all the time and they sent me to smoking cessation. I really could nt imagine that it would work, but I bought Allen Carrs book and started the champix at the same time. The lady at smoking cessation told me to just keep on smoking, and the book was the same. I did what i was told and kept on smoking, around about 8 days after starting the champix I threw away my last packet of cigarettes.
The next day i had a few moments when i didn t quite know what to do with myself but nothing too bad, and i have nt looked back. Im sure the book helped although it was very boring and repetitive, by the end of it though i felt really silly being a smoker.
I loved my ciggies, and im surprised at how easy it was to give up ..i really love being a non smoker, this is the second time i have given up, last time i fell for the just one cigarette trap. I wont be doing that again.

tea

• Administrator
Re: a vote for champix!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:30:45 pm »
Congratulations to both of you! It must be nice to have each other's support as well. What are you going to spend the first £1000 on?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Gerti1

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:40:32 pm »
Well done Peggypoo and hubby, brilliant news :)
I am going to do this
Quit 6th January 2018

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 08:43:34 pm »
YAY!!!!

What a fantastic milestone to celebrate, a cool £1,000 saved already!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Keep on going folks, the benefits just keep on coming  ;)
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

The following users thanked this post: peggypoo

Finally!

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:52:55 pm »
Really great to read your post. I also quit using Champix.
Same as you found this particular quit very easy. Smoked for 8 days and here I am - nearly 1200 days smoke free and over £10500 richer.
The best part is the ability to breathe again.
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

Sally

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 12:31:44 am »
Well done to you and your husband @peggypoo, and how great to have saved £1,000 already.

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 12:34:34 am »
Congratulations from me as well :D  What a great saving and I bet you both feel so much better without the cigs.

I also quit with Champix but unlike Finally, I didn't have a particularly easy quit, but I know I couldn't have done it without the Champix. Just remember NOPE Not One Puff Ever. It got me through.

Helene

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 03:42:29 am »
Just fantastic.

I quit also with champix and the help of the forum group.

Helene

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 09:58:59 am »
@peggypoo , that's fantastic- well done you!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

What's it like, quitting in tandem with your husband? Is it helping you both to be doing it together?
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

peggypoo

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:28 pm »
Well done Peggypoo and hubby, brilliant news :)
thankyou!

peggypoo

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »
Congratulations to both of you! It must be nice to have each other's support as well. What are you going to spend the first £1000 on?
thankyou!, we spent last weekend at a log cabin with a hot tub celebrating!

peggypoo

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 12:09:16 pm »
Really great to read your post. I also quit using Champix.
Same as you found this particular quit very easy. Smoked for 8 days and here I am - nearly 1200 days smoke free and over £10500 richer.
The best part is the ability to breathe again.
oh yes breathing is good!!!
we ve both been walking more and actually enjoying being able to do more without running out of breath!

peggypoo

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 12:10:49 pm »
Congratulations from me as well :D  What a great saving and I bet you both feel so much better without the cigs.

I also quit with Champix but unlike Finally, I didn't have a particularly easy quit, but I know I couldn't have done it without the Champix. Just remember NOPE Not One Puff Ever. It got me through.
we both gave up the day after my dad died 6 years ago, then stupidly fell into the just one puff trap 4 years ago..we are not doing that again..it cost us £28,000!!!

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

peggypoo

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »
@peggypoo , that's fantastic- well done you!!  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

What's it like, quitting in tandem with your husband? Is it helping you both to be doing it together?
My hubby works away all week, so when i said i was giving up he just gave up cold turkey. I was a bit ratty with him the first weekend, but he is the patient sort and since then its been brilliant. We have the cessation nation app on our phones so we can tell exactly what the helath benefits are tailored to our own quit and also the money not gone up in smoke!
As a couple we were turning into couch potatoes and now we have the energy to go out and change that..its great!

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 07:12:39 pm »
Oh that's lovely @peggypoo! It sounds like the two of you have all sorts of exciting plans. The log cabin & hot tub must have been splendid  :)

It is grand having all that energy again isn't it? Me and my husband are running the local half marathon together in March, to celebrate him turning 60 recently (and to raise money for mountain rescue). Wish us luck!!

Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...