Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Starting day 13  (Read 546 times)

Nigalius

Starting day 13
« on: January 23, 2017, 06:36:04 am »
Well, here goes for the start of day 13. I am definately finding it easier than I thought although it is still a struggle. I imagine different people have different ways to help and one of the things I find helps is thinking of the improvements I can feel so far in my health. Cough, COPD, Sense of smell, all have improved and do I want to go back to that, Noooo way. I dont think I have had any major personality changes yet and hope I dont get any.

In the last couple of weeks I have been busy wiping all surfaces indoors to make them clean again. I've done the whole ceiling and now starting on all woodwork, window frames cupboard doors inside and out. There is so much to clean but it will be worth it in the end and the place will smell nice and fresh.

Cheers

Nigel
I know a lot of things, I just cant remember them.

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Starting day 13
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 07:05:52 am »
One of the things that kept me going was the thought of having to do that first week again :)

After all that cleaning you've been doing, I'm pretty sure you won't want to smoke again and have to start all that cleaning again 006

I was so worried with your early post when you thought you could have 2 cigarettes a day 001  So glad you took note of the replies you received. You have done so well Nigel and you'll keep going that way, I'm sure :)

Nigalius

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:56 am »
Thats right. When I started the quit I thought perhaps one or two a day would be ok and to be honest it might well be but we all know where that would lead to. Weekends would become 3 or 4, then have a stressful week and one day have 6, just once. and before you know it you would be back on 20, 30, 40 a day. So I have stopped full stop. No patches, gum, electronic, artificial, just pure will power.
I know a lot of things, I just cant remember them.

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Gerti1

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 07:56:49 am »
A dog walk and cleaning, I will have to hire you.
I am free to smoke whenever I want to.
I am choosing not to smoke at the moment.
Because it stops me breathing.
Quit 25th November 2016
Smoked 20-25 a day for 30 years

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:31 am »

Isn't it nice that you're the boss of you and you're not bowing down to some bits of dead plant wrapped in paper?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 10:47:04 am »
YAAAY for our splendid @Nigalius !!  ;D ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Tell you what, the cleaning is dead therapeutic isn't it? I remember cleaning around the top of the kitchen door and ceiling (above the place where I frequently used to stand with the back door open when smoking) and you should have seen the brown gunk that came off... not to mention the similarly brown gunk that came off the adjacent window when I cleaned it. Yuk!!  :P Imagine all that in your lungs! No wonder we feel so much better.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...