Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Almost 3 years!!  (Read 1234 times)

Doodlebug

Almost 3 years!!
« on: December 30, 2016, 10:48:31 pm »
It's been ages since I popped on here due to a busy home life and difficulty posting on phone. Just felt the need to post my thoughts this time 3 years ago.
I was serial quitter had been trying for years and years but always finding an excuse to carry on. Had found a little forum the year before and had a good attempt but again found a reason to give in.
So 3 years ago I had a great group of online friends all at or near their one year quit. I wanted to be them, I wanted people to be proud of my strength. I told my husband that the 1st was my quit day and he just laughed and said "what again!" No idea why but this fired me up and I wanted to prove a point. I wanted to be healthy and not stink anymore. I got to the first and sailed through. Then the hard part came, staying smoke free. I honestly believe if it wasn't for my forum friends I would have failed but with their support, their stern words and the fun times I made it to a year. To now be near 3 is amazing and my kids are so proud I'm a smoke free Mum. Come on new quitters let 2017 start smoke free
Quit cold turkey 1/1/2014.

The following users thanked this post: Kat73, KitKat, Helene, Skiddaw

Kat73

• Administrator
Re: Almost 3 years!!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:09 pm »
I don't think I have a happier memory on the old forum than when you achieved Penthouse status and celebrated your first entire year of freedom.  I love to think what a difference it's made to Mr Bug and the little bugs, and particularly how wonderful it is that littlest bug has never, ever known you to smell of smoke or disappear out a door with a packet and a lighter.

As Brucie used to say on Strictly, you're my favourite!  :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Doodlebug

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:43 pm »
Thanks Kat. We did have some great laughs in the early days. Hope the new year brings in new quitters after their freedom
Quit cold turkey 1/1/2014.

Debbie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 08:23:45 am »
Hey Doodles. How the devil are you. So glad to see you succeeded. Well done xx

Max414

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 10:11:31 am »
This is beyond brilliant  :nobeer:
You were the toughest one to crack our Vicki and yet here you are,almost 3 years have passed since those smelly crappy days of smoking.Remember,as a parent,how we placed smoking above our own dear infants,and would plonk them by the TV and leave them there,while we shuffled to the back door for our 'treat' as we thought of it,and deeply inhaled poisonous smoke as stood there!!! We actually regarded having a cig as more important than the welfare of our own children,this is how ghastly the addiction was.

I am so proud of you Vicki it literally brings a tear to my eye-you have done an amazing thing and you are now deep in those gorgeous sunlit uplands I loved to talk about !!!! X  :foundbeer:
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:28:21 am »
Exactly what @Max414 said dear @Doodlebug . You've been SUCH a star throughout and all I can say is that you deserve every single moment of your hard-won triumph.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Isn't it fantastic how much easier the years are after the first one?  ;D

I hope you're planning a suitable Quitaversary celebration.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 12:14:56 pm »
We shall need to upgrade your Penthouse suite and toilet roll privileges. There should be a cake and some balloons! I do love a party! We shall need some wine guys.....

12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw