Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Celebrate Your Milestones  (Read 2076 times)

tea

• Administrator
Celebrate Your Milestones
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:32:35 pm »
One way to keep motivated is to celebrate each step of your journey as you achieve new milestones.

At the beginning it might be hour by hour, perhaps a little treat at the end of a hard day....but then Weeks and Months until it's your 1 Year Penthouse Party!!

At the end of my first week I had a special dinner with flowers, candles and wine using the £35 I had saved. Later on I had other treats like a big Yankee Candle, my steam mop, my tulip bulbs.... I have to admit I always thought that @TG 's dragon was an inspiring treat as she grew just like @TG's quit.

So if you are a Stoptober quitter plan yourself a reward. In fact we all deserve a treat! Does anyone have any quit treats planned?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, TG, Sally

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
Re: Celebrate Your Milestones
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 06:20:27 pm »
Nice post @tea  :)

I quite agree- treats are SO important (and so deserved). I treated myself to a new dress at the end of my first week and I've been treating myself on a regular basis ever since  ;D

Any Stoptober Quitters out there who want to share their plans for treats? I'd love to hear them.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: tea, Sally

Sally

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:55:34 pm »
I had plenty of little treats, but I remember last October when I'd made it one whole year, I bought a rather nice bottle of the red stuff for my best friend because he'd been such a massive help in the early days. 

I also found a painting on EBay of two horses standing at a field gate which the artist had exhibited locally to her.  The resemblance to my boys, sadly both no longer with us, is uncanny and the title of the painting is "Best Friends" which is what they were.  It wouldn't mean much to anybody else but to me it's so special. 

Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 11:19:03 pm »
Whilst it might be nice to spend some of that money you have saved on a suitable kindness present to youself, just remember non expensive ways can be just as rewarding like a walk somewhere beautiful, painting your nails (if you enjoy that sort of thing) or simply making time for yourself to enjoy the simple things like a soak in the bath, the phones turned off so you can enjoy a cuppa without interruption or even pick up a book.

Gone and pamper yourself, you deserve it.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

The following users thanked this post: tea, Lostie, Skiddaw

Finally!

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »
Apart from the obvious health benefits, I have managed not spend in the region of £9500 on cigarettes.
Admittedly, I haven't saved it all but I have flown literally around the world on different holidays, during that time.

It's a great feeling to be able to say, no, I don't smoke anymore.
Most of my friends gave up on me as I tried so many times, but I can now hold my head high and celebrate nearly 3 years smoke free!
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw