Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Moving into month 6!  (Read 2674 times)

Cheesenotpuff

Moving into month 6!
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:41:38 am »
Hi All,

Sorry not been around for a while, but happy to say still smoke free and moving into month 6, nearly at the half way mark!!

Just got back from a couple of weeks in Crete, I knew it was going to be a big test for me and it really was so so hard, it seemed like everybody was smoking. All I could think about was a cold beer and a fag on the beach. I had some really massive craves but no way was I going to chuck away 5 months, can't tell you how glad I am that I didn't.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw, Glasgowgal

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Moving into month 6!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 11:47:00 am »
So proud of you and you should be proud of yourself as well. Getting through that holiday may have been hard but well worth it. :D

Max414

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:03:59 pm »
Well done Cheesey and the summer holiday,is one of the biggest of early hurdles to overcome.
I went to France,drove down to the South back in 2013 and luckily I was struck by the stink of ciggies from so many people there rather than yearning to have one. At one large square,where we sat and had a pizza,so many people were smoking that it completely ruined the experience !! damned smokers,lol!
30 years of rollups,20 a day

9.53 pm Dec 28th 2012 >>>>>>>........last cancer stick..

With help from Champix and the late Mr Allen Carr,
The Nicdemon met his Waterloo at Xmas 2012 :-)

TG

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:32:31 pm »
Lovely to see you @Cheesenotpuff and well done to you for getting through such a big trigger. Eventually you will be in that situation and not even think about it, so all this now will be so worth it.

6 months as well, blimey!! Doesn't Tim fly :)
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »
Well I don't know about Tim, but well done @Cheesenotpuff for flying across the world and into Month 6!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 05:40:40 pm »
@Cheesenotpuff , YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!   :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

Utterly delighted to see your triumphant arrival at Halfway House. You've done SO well and it's really paying off isn't it?

I can already smell the new paint in your penthouse suite. You can practically reach out and touch that palace in the sky now.

That holiday test is a hard one to overcome but you did it in style and you've well and truly earned your place halfway up the mountain. Well done you!!  ;D ;D ;D :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 06:28:06 pm »
@Cheesenotpuff that is phenomenal news not only coz you passed the six month mark but you knew holidays were likely to be a trigger and you avoided it.

You are now racing to the penthouse and we look forward to that party.  :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Finally!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 06:56:32 pm »
Hey, hey - well done you.
Nice feeling isn't it? Going on your hols and not smoking, feeling intensifies when you have beaten the cravings too.
It will get easier, that's for sure - but you just can't tell people that - have to experience it for yourself to believe  8)
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)