Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Day 3 for me  (Read 1909 times)

Nicky40

Day 3 for me
« on: September 05, 2016, 10:09:18 am »
I decided to quit again after smoking for about 7 weeks (after my 2+ year quit).  I felt I had to stop as some previous issues were coming back.  Gums hardening again (yuck), Toes often numb again (bad circulation and the reason I quit in the first place), excessive hot flushes and less sleep/more wakefulness - which should not even be possible the little amount of sleep I get due to menopause symptoms, which apparently smoking makes worse!

So determination, with a knowledge of what to expect will help.  Also I haven't struggled not to smoke these last couple of days so I'm hoping because of the longish quit I'm really in the habit of NOT smoking.

Will try and post regularly as this site (or the one before it) was a huge help last time.  :)
Smoked for 27 years, quit for 26 months, smoked again for 16 months now trying to stop for good!

TG

Re: Day 3 for me
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 10:17:54 am »
Hi Nicky, well done for getting to day three!!! I think the fact that you quit for such along time before and some of the hard work you done from last time should still be there. You also know what to expect from quitting. So it should hold you in good stead.

Post as much as you need Nicky we will try and help you through.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

The following users thanked this post: JanTregunna

Netty

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 11:05:40 am »
Well done Nicky and good luck for your quit, most of us take a few attempts before we succeed. And at least you know the benefits having quit for so long before and seeing the bad effects so quick after smoking again so quick should help you
Quit 1.8.2012
Smoked for 36 years

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 11:12:13 am »
@Nicky40 glad you're back on a quit and very pleased you have come here and posted. Make sure you stick around for the support, you know you will get. :)

Good luck Nicky and hope you breeze through it. Also good luck with the menopause symptoms ;)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 12:34:22 pm »
Welcome back @Nicky40 and HUGE congratulations for reaching Day Three! That's a really splendid achievement and with your past experience you'll soon be racking up the weeks and months. You'll be back on Year Three before you know it.  :hug: :hug:

(Incidentally, you're not alone in relation to the menopause symptoms  :P. Is it the night sweats that keeps you awake! It was driving me demented at one point. I succumbed to a low dose of HRT in the end any my goodness am I glad I did- it really has helped. Hope you come through it soon.  :hug:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:36:39 pm by Skiddaw »
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 02:17:54 pm »
Pleased to see you on Day 3 Nicky and I hope it goes well for you. Isn't it amazing that the circulation symptoms came back so quickly!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Finally!

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »
Great decision - to stop smoking!  8)
Hopefully it will be easier this time round.
Just keep us posted.
Finally quit after 35 years & several attempts.
Used Champix this time and it worked a treat!!
Last smoke 1 Nov 2013 and still going strong :)

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »
Brilliant news @Nicky40 Just keep going; just keep going.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015