Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Day 3  (Read 2486 times)

psuedo

• too weak to succeed, to sick to fail !
Day 3
« on: August 03, 2016, 04:12:43 am »
God Damn its been crazy since the second I woke up....all I can do is think about smoking!!!!

fishermans friends, mints, mnm's its all in my mouth....but smoking is all in my head....

they say its the hardest day.....holy crap they dont know how right they are....

but then...im my earlier quits...ive sailed through the first few days....

damn damn damn !
repeat offender, still trying to go cold turkey !

tea

• Administrator
Re: Day 3
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:12:45 am »
Push through and get over hump day. Are you using any NRT this time or are you a cold turkey quitter?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:13:15 am »
Hold on dear @psuedo - you CAN do this and every moment you get through is a moment you will never, ever have to face again. You're brimming with courage and I have SUCH admiration for what you're doing. You're a total star and I for one just know that we'll be planning your Penthouse Party this time next year.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

TG

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:35:38 am »
You can get through this @psuedo be stubborn at this point, I know you can do that. You know if you smoke those last two day will be for vain, you know that you don't want to go back to it.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Titch

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 12:35:43 pm »
No one says day 3 is easy but if you can just grit those teeth and get through it you wont ever have to do it again. Do whatever it takes to get through the day, shout, scream, poke your finger in your eye anything to get through the day then have an early night and when you wake up and its day 4 you will be so proud of yourself for getting through it
After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »
@psuedo just keep going; just keep going. You can do it but the nicotine gremlin is getting desperate for a fix and making you feel pants in the hope you will give in. Take perverse pleasure in knowing you are winning and it is losing its control.

Do something unexpected too such as going for a walk in the country or dance madly in the lounge to get rid of that nervous energy until the  urge passes and even a glass of iced water might help.

We are here to support you.
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 06:56:24 pm »
How goes it @psuedo ? I so hope you made it through the dreaded Day Three and are still with us...  :hug: :hug:

psuedo

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 03:42:17 am »
got over hump day somehow....but then yesterday was another story....

slipped up,
gave in,
bloody idiot !

im gonna be back, not gonna quit quitting....god damnit !!!  4%^@%#^#%^@ #^@#^@#%^@% ^@ %^ !!!!!!

Titch

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2016, 09:17:52 am »
What was the reason you slipped up. Did the one cigarette make it any better.  I suspect the answer is no. 

Never give up giving up @psuedo

After far too many years I stubbed out my final cigarette on February 6 2011 at 10 pm and havent looked back since.

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2016, 09:57:46 am »
Don't get mad with yourself @psuedo , get even  ;)

You CAN do it mate. As @Titch says, analyse what happened and why and move on. We'll all be here.  :hug: :hug:

TG

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2016, 10:21:43 am »
@psuedo sorry mate!!! Don't go back to it full time, come on what's stopping you quitting again, now! Not later. Big hugs coming your way  :hug: :hug: :hug:

psuedo

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 10:30:18 am »
still mad, really mad !

@Titch was having a crappy day at work stuck with people cooking up reasons why things cant be done and not willing to listen to how we can get something done......sounds like a pretty lame excuse now that I type it.....thanks for asking...and hell no it didnt help, just made me feel like sh*t !

@Skiddaw hell yeah ! you guys are the reason i keep coming back here and call myself an idiot without being judged

@TG never gonna back full time...just dont want to anymore, for now....stuck in the illusion that I can control it...how much in a day and so on.....damn my ego ! is there a quit your ego forum somewhere ? :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:33:17 am by psuedo »

TG

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2016, 10:48:41 am »
Hmmm forum for big ego's?? I bet you can find one somewhere  :P

Take stock mate and go again. You know that smoking is a complete illusion, you said it yourself! If you could control your smoking you wouldn't be here. Don't be suckered in to them thoughts. Stay around read the motivational post, the tips and the 1 year+ area it will help put you back in the zone.

Above all hang around here, it will help.

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2016, 11:17:24 am »
@psuedo just one day does not mean a failure it is you learning about the triggers from your nicotine gremlin so you can put him in his place next time. One cigarette in three days doesn't mean you have lost the war but have suffered an injury from which you will rise.

Just keep going; just keep going. :hug:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

Titch

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 12:20:57 pm »

@Titch was having a crappy day at work stuck with people cooking up reasons why things cant be done and not willing to listen to how we can get something done......sounds like a pretty lame excuse now that I type it.....thanks for asking...and hell no it didnt help, just made me feel like sh*t !

Weve all used those excuses in the past - trust me I used some really lame excuses to have just the one  ie. Work is stressful, its raining and I dont have an umbrella, my finger nail just broke, my hair is sticking up etc etc.  Trouble is once Id had one then  I may as well smoke the other 19 in the pack and just like that I was back to 20 a day.

Learn from it.  Remember that even after smoking that cigarette people still were still cooking up excuses why things cant be done and not willing to listen to how you can get something done and definitely remember how ***** it made you feel