Kick the habit with fun, free, friendly support to be a new smoke free you xx

Author Topic: Into the triple figures!  (Read 3157 times)

Buddles

Into the triple figures!
« on: April 10, 2016, 11:21:18 pm »
Day 101 today!
Probably the hardest couple of weeks I've had recently but am still persevering. Just feel a bit low generally at the moment so keep having the "why shouldn't I just be a smoker as it makes crap times better" type thoughts. Luckily I've had some good people around me plus the forum to keep me strong.
I love looking at my savings on the app and I have taken to treating myself to other things when I feel miserable!
Hope everyone else is keeping well! :)

The following users thanked this post: Malvin P Lawnmowerpants, Skiddaw

TG

Re: Into the triple figures!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:15:11 am »
Brilliant, I remember my 100 day so well. You have done so well, @Buddles and you know those voices are just telling you crap  :o

Have to give you a gift for making it this far.

Palm Springs commercial photography
Quit Date: 04-04-2014

You don’t need cigarettes to be complete. All the happiness, comfort and peace you seek, is already inside you.

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 01:34:31 am »
Day 101, put those stupid voices in Room 101 - you know they're lying to you!! Well done on passing your century!!! How much have you saved and what did you buy?
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:34:29 am »
:foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:WOOHOO, BUDDLES HAS CLOCKED UP A CENTURY!!!!! :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer:
That's fan-flippin'-tastic hon!  I know what a pain in the proverbial those nagging ideas of the-grass-was-greener are but I can promise you, hand on heart, that you CAN drive that smoker's brain thinking out of your head given time.  Read whatever you can get your mitts on that helps strip that superimposed wiring out of your head, whether it's something like Woofmang's blogs or one of the books by people like Allen Carr or Kristina Ivings doesn't really matter, just anything that puts the truth about why we smoked into your head and boots out the myths we made ourselves believe to support our insane habit.

Take heart and keep on keeping on, you are winning and better days are coming! :hug:
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 06:12:45 am »
That's great news and so pleased to see that you are treating yourself along the way ;D Even if you are saving for something big, you can still get little treats along the way

markmcclean1980

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 07:58:40 am »
Well done. Day 102 now and every amazing day for you is an inspiration to those of us following behind you.  You have already shown you can do this and before you realise it you will have 6 months, then a year under your belt. 

Buddles

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 10:26:10 pm »
I've saved around £800!!!!! Different apps give different amounts but it's around that figure! So far I've bought some new shoes, treated myself to a new expensive haircut and taken a friend out for a posh dinner who needed cheering up! It's funny, I'm pretty good (tight??!!) with money and I used to hate spending money on haircuts as I saw it as a temporary pointless expense..... But really... Is it any more utterly pointless and temporary (plus stupid and practically suicidal!!!) than smoking?? Nope! An expensive haircut makes me feel and look good! Smoking makes me smell and look old!! :) :)

The following users thanked this post: tea, Kat73, Skiddaw, TG

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 11:48:33 pm »
Oh yes, shoes!!!!
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 06:36:03 pm »
And hair.  :) Nice one @Buddles  ;D :hug: :hug: