Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: Proud moment  (Read 3149 times)

Eeyore_mad

Proud moment
« on: March 25, 2016, 03:26:10 pm »
Well I just had the most horrendous morning from about 11 all I've been plagued with is thoughts of just one won't hurt :-( anyhow it resulted in me trying to just get 5 minutes to breath and recoup but the kids were driving me mad with "can I....?", "have you seen?." Etc etc (one of the problems with 5 kids always one around lol) anyhow hubby is upstairs on his Xbox I'm sorting washing etc and just pop....... shout at the kids to leave me be for 2 minutes.  Down he comes with a "what's the matter, why you shouting at them?" cue me shouting at him if he ever took notice or got of his dam xbox blah blah blah ( I was totally angry by then ) he tells me not to shout at him and I stormed out slamming all doors, gates and feet.

So there I am with usual stuff it I can't do it thought and walking to the shop and suddenly I thought NOOO and I actually turned around walked home  and hid in the shed (didn't want to enter the lair again) and had a good cry and rant to myself BUT I DID IT  I got through it and survived and now just feel so very very proud on not actually giving in and using the excuse as I usually would have done so had to share my HUGE smiley moment  :nobeer: :nobeer:

The following users thanked this post: tea, Skiddaw, Sally

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
Re: Proud moment
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 03:34:08 pm »
Oh, @Eeyore_mad that is wonderful to read :D :hug:  You have every reason to be proud of yourself, one hurdle over and done with :)

I was very angry from about day 5-10 but you know what to expect and you will deal with it. So very proud of you girl :foundbeer:

The following users thanked this post: Eeyore_mad

TG

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
Well done @Eeyore_mad be very proud! As you say it's easy to find excuses to smoking  :hug: :hug:

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »
Just a big well done from me, I'm really proud of you.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Debbie

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:59:17 pm »
You little superstar. Just keep going and trying. It will click eventually. Xx

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:55:36 am »
Serious HURRAH!! for our @Eeyore_mad  :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: :foundbeer: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Every one of those moments (and lets face it, you can't avoid them  ::)) you battle you way through  :vader: :vader: :vader: is one you'll never have to overcome again and next time will be easier because your armoury will be that much stronger. Well done!

...And please do whatever is in your power to obtain some built-in 'Me' time over the next few weeks. Whether this involves throwing OH's Xbox out of the nearest window and locking the kids in the shed or not.  :) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Eeyore_mad

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »
Thanks everyone  :D had my first morning back on computer again and found it hard as usually I do so much and wonder off and have a fag haha but I persevered with lots of satsumas and grapes and another one survived lol this does feel more real this time I miss smoking like I miss chocolate and cheesecake but I'm accepting more this time round can't believe it's almost 2 and I've nearly done another day .....working again tonight 7-9 but not worried as already have a nice 1.5synn jelly and some raspberries at the ready to treat myself  ;)

As for clicking I understand that @Debbie and I think it's finally doing so I've nerver got this far before without a sadness following iykwim and even a inside knowledge I was biding my time to "treat" myself again  but this time I feel free and excited and much more positive a outlook just looking forward to a future of not smelling haha
Onwards and upwards we go  :nobeer:

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, TG

TG

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:08 pm »
Well done @Eeyore_mad just keep getting though each day and tick them off as you complete them and watch your quit grow :hug:

The following users thanked this post: Lostie

Sally

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 10:47:34 am »
Well done Eeyore, it's quite an achievement giving up the cigarettes and doing so well at Slimming World too.  You should be feeling very proud of yourself.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

The following users thanked this post: Lostie, Eeyore_mad

Eeyore_mad

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 11:16:19 am »
Thank you, in a strange way it seems to have helped having a couple of weeks on slimming world as I got used to denying my wants if that makes sense I didn't question the yearning for a chocolate or feeling hungry because I knew it was myself getting used to not eating so much sugar and processed foods.

So now I have the same hunger pang feelings that I know are caused by 1 Sw diet still and 2 more by stopping smoking the sensation is basically the same the aching throat, feeling like you want something etc etc but because I've adapted to living with that feeling and realised its livable if that all makes sense wheras before I blamed all on nicotine and needing a cigarette and found the empty feeling hard to get over as well as the anxiety, etc. Now I blame chocolate for the empty feeling and do get a slight improvement when I have a little bit of chocolate (I have buttons in the fridge to suck in a emergency  :P)   ;D so in a sense my sugar craving helps to beat the nicotine craving

Plus I've lost 12.5 lb so far so can afford to add some back on if needed and am prepared for a gain should it come in the next few weeks but knowing I have to face the scales stops me stuffing everything into my mouth trying to stop a wanting that it can't stop really, so the wanting stays as chocolate rather than eating everything and realising I still want something ie a cigarette if that all even makes sense haha xxx

The following users thanked this post: tea, Sally

tea

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 11:39:21 am »
Isn't that great, with your diet you can see the results and measure them and with smoking it might not feel quite the same (of course you can count the money you save and the days/weeks/months/years you've been smoke free). But you're really going to see results because your skin will be better, your circulation will be better and all in all you are going to feel so much healthier and look even more gorgeous and it's not about denying yourself anything it's about wanting that end goal.
12.9.2014  (I forget sometimes)

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 12:55:46 pm »
It doesn't sound odd at all @Eeyore_mad - that's exactly how it was for me and I honestly think that had I not tackled both at the same time I wouldn't have succeeded with either.

What an utterly fab weight loss! As @tea says, you're going to be even more gorgeous than you already are. All that money to spend on a new summer wardrobe- you really will look a million dollars.  :hug: :hug: ;D
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...