Kick those cigarette butts with us!! Join up now for fun, friendly, free support with your quit.

Author Topic: I'm back... Again  (Read 2295 times)

markmcclean1980

I'm back... Again
« on: February 03, 2016, 07:49:20 am »
So, after doing so well I fell off the wagon.  It's been a busy time with one thing and another, but I'm back again.  I had my last cigarette on Monday morning so I am counting Monday as my day one. I am using an ecig, which I know some don't like, but I also know the vast majority of the lovely people on this forum believe that anything which isn't a cigarette is better for you.  I am not going to rush anything this time and will go down a strength when I am ready to go down a strength.  If that happens to be next week, next month or even next year then so be it.  As long as I am not smoking real cigarettes then I'll be happy.

I also want to say that I missed the crazy people on this forum. Haven't been on because I've been so busy, but I always think about you bunch of nicotine kicking nuts lol.

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw

TG

Re: I'm back... Again
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:03:58 am »
Sorry you fell off the wagon @markmcclean1980 I had been wondering how you were. I hope the Blackpool trip was good!?

It is lovely to hear from you again. I know there is some stigma with e-cigs. But I don't think there is anyone here that would judge you. You have used it before, you know it works for you. So why not indeed. We all have a way to quit, I have a friend who is quitting with an e-cig and is raving about it, but I know it wouldn't work of me. We are all different  ;D Anyhow here's to day 3, may it be as kind as it can to you.

The following users thanked this post: markmcclean1980

Skiddaw

• Quit bagger
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:38:53 am »
Welcome Home @markmcclean1980  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry things went pear-shaped but am very glad indeed to hear that you're back and already on Day Three.  ;D :foundbeer: :foundbeer:

As for using an e-cig, so what? As far as I (and, I am sure, everyone else on the forum) am concerned any aid is a Good Thing whether its an e-cig, gum, lozenges, an inhaler, Fisherman's Friends, a rolled up 'post-it' note or chewing the carpet  ;).Whatever works for you is the right thing to do. Anyway, GPs can prescribe e-cigs now so I think that officially makes them quitting aids.

Do stick around because we've missed you too. It is lovely to see you again and may your quit continue to go from strength to strength.  :)
Finally saw sense on 8/12/13

So many mountains, so little time...

Debbie

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:06:23 am »
Lovely to see you. You do so well and then hit a bump do you know why ? Only asking as im curious to whether you think like me. You use whatever quitting aid you want. These no right or wrong way. Xxx

markmcclean1980

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 12:49:26 pm »
We had a big discussion in work the other day about ecigs which is why I mentioned some people not liking them.  The people on this forum have a 'it's better than smoking' attitude about most things (which I love). 

There is no one reason why I hit the bumps, except for me.  I tend to rush into things so I'm taking it really slow this time and won't let the ecig out of my sight.  Even when I have weaned myself off the nicotine I intend to keep it handy, just in case.  But I am in no rush to get off the nicotine this time, it will happen when I am ready. 

Not going to say it's easy.  Like most other quit aids it's the habit and associations which need to be broken but every minute completed is a minute better off.

Lostie

• Reformed Smoker
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:21:20 pm »
Well at least you keep coming back here and trying. That is the most important thing :)  You will succeed and you will feel so pleased with yourself.

I also think any aid is better than the cigs. :D

Sally

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »
Welcome back @markmcclean1980, lovely to see you post again.  Do whatever it takes to keep off the real thing and if an e-cig works for you then use it.  So how have things been with you, did you enjoy your trip to Blackpool and I think you said you were involved in a pantomime.
Quit date - 1st October 2014, Quit method - lozenges

Kat73

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 08:40:50 pm »
So sad to see you fell back into the trap hon, but so glad that you've come back and are back on your horse  :hug:

Don't look too far ahead, just deal with the now and let the future take care of itself.  Stick around if you're able to, you're missed when you're not around and it may help you stay focussed.
Smoker for 20+ years with a 3 year quit in the middle
Used Champix 16/01/13 to 12/02/13
Last cigarette 8pm 28/01/13

Indigo Warrior

• Just keep quitting, just keep quitting.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:24 pm »
@markmcclean1980 was it a true relapse or were you taunting your nicotine gremlin into thinking he was winning and have now started for real?

If we can do it, we know you will succeed and we are all behind you.  Keep up the fight and well done for striking back.  :vader:
Nicotine free since 22nd August, 2015

The following users thanked this post: Skiddaw